Rut activity in Fort Bend county [emoji17]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rut activity in Fort Bend county [emoji17]

I'm right on the county line of Brazoria and Fort Bend county. Here we are 3 weekends away from opening day and I just witnessed a buck chasing a doe. I've seen several 3.5yo and older bucks out and about in the last 2 weeks which is a sign in these parts as to what's fixing to go down. Last year I had rutting activity opening morning and that was it. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always been like that. Wish the state would allow bow hunting to start sooner down there! Even though it’s 98 degrees and 100% humidity[emoji23]

Comment

True dat lol

Comment

I saw 3 bucks chasing a doe in the Pecan Bend neighborhood yesterday evening. The main rut is over before opening weekend in Fort Bend county.

Comment

Bucks been running the does pretty hard for the past 2 weeks here on the ranch in Brazoria County.

Comment

Been that way all my life. Mid September it’s hot and heavy

Comment

Originally posted by JerryC View Post
              I saw 3 bucks chasing a doe in the Pecan Bend neighborhood yesterday evening. The main rut is over before opening weekend in Fort Bend county.

Pecan bend north or south?

Comment

I haven’t seen any activity yet. I’ve still seen young ones bachelored up. I’ve been anxiously waiting to see the first signs

Comment

A really nice 11point was ran over last week on Hwy 35 just south of the KC hall in Angleton..
                  I'm sure he was chasing tail for him to be were he was.. No other reason for him to be there..

Comment

Yes sir. Got buddies who run the george ranch and hear it every year.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      A really nice 11point was ran over last week on Hwy 35 just south of the KC hall in Angleton..

I'm sure he was chasing tail for him to be were he was.. No other reason for him to be there..

No joke? I always see deer in the field just north of there. Whoever lives there always has a feeder out and a few deer around it.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                        No joke? I always see deer in the field just north of there. Whoever lives there always has a feeder out and a few deer around it.

That feeder has been in that corner of that feild for 30+ years. It's concreted in the ground.. I've seen some really good deer out in that feild over the years..
                        Back in the 80's and 90's, before the new high school was built, there were some huge bucks living in that stretch of woods/brush between 35 and the "Old 288" what is now called 521. A really big 12 was ran over just north of the DOW credit union 2 years ago about were the Tractor Supply is now..

Comment

Shoot old son here in Grayson there’s no such thing as rut in deer season it’s long gone. I wish they would start deer season July 1st, about the middle of July full blown rut.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            That feeder has been in that corner of that feild for 30+ years. It's concreted in the ground.. I've seen some really good deer out in that feild over the years..
                            Back in the 80's and 90's, before the new high school was built, there were some huge bucks living in that stretch of woods/brush between 35 and the "Old 288" what is now called 521. A really big 12 was ran over just north of the DOW credit union 2 years ago about were the Tractor Supply is now..

I remember that. I used to trail around in the woods north of the HS before it was built and I’d see deer every time. Had buddies that shot big deer out of rancho isabella every year.

Comment

My wife said two new bucks showed up in our yard yesterday evening. No sign of rutting activity at all.
                              Last edited by JES; 09-15-2018, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X