Fredericksburg area must do’s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fredericksburg area must do’s?

Wife and I are going for a long weekend next week and neither of us have been before so what are the must do’s and things to avoid?

if you do the Pacific War Museum, plan plenty of time.

my wife and i went in when we had about 90min .... did not realize how much was there and didn't really get to experience it. someday when I am back down there i would like to see it properly.

Comment

If she likes wine hit some vineyards. If y'all get up early enough the view from on top of enchanted Rock is pretty cool but ittl get hot fast. Shopping on the main drag.

Comment

Enchanted Rock and vineyards are a sure bet.

Any vineyards in particular that we should hit?

Comment

Go to Alamo Springs for good burger.

Comment

We are just leaving.
            Dinner at Cabernet grill was good, breakfast at sunset grill was fantastic.

We visited a couple of vineyards and I placed them in order that we liked. Ended up buying any where from 2-3 bottles per stop.

William Chris
            Kulhmans
            Pedernales

I hear grape creek vineyard is a good one to visit as well.

Also we enjoyed the live bands at crossroads.

Comment

Not gonna lie we hit most of them that are all lined up going into town and I don't even know their names Ill ask the wife.
              Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              Enchanted Rock and vineyards are a sure bet.

Any vineyards in particular that we should hit?

Comment

Short drive to luchenbach check the music schedule we've seen some cool shows there

Comment

LBJ Ranch National Park, just down the road in Stonewall, TX.

Comment

If you're a beer guy....Check out the Fredericksburg Brewing Company. They have a stellar red ale appropriately named Enchanted Rock Red. Being a local, I got over the German food real quick, but they have one of the best Chicken Fried Steaks in the state! You're allowed to drink on the streets, so grab a cold one and walk up and down the strip. The people watching beats any Walmart you've ever been to.

Comment

Rathskeller's for breakfast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Visited grape creek and barons creek this weekend. I highly recommend both.

Comment

Drink, and hit the 5 and dime store. I believe its Dooleys, Mamacitas for margaritas, Silver Creek for a good steak, Hondo's for live music. Porky's for a burger

Comment

Eat and drink. Hit the wineries if so inclined and Garrison Brothers Brewery!
                            At least one walk along the main drag. Rustlin' Rob's for tastings for just about everything edible and they have a section of HOT, SUPERHOT stuff if you are a daredevil!

Comment

Pacific War Museum for sure and on holiday weekends they have the re-enactments. Surprisingly chilling

Comment

Working...
                              X