Hot shower at the lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot shower at the lease

I have an RV at the lease and enjoy hot showers. Normally in early to mid December I winterize to keep the pipes from freezing and I rely on a portable propane hot shower. The problem I’ve been having is getting the water out of the portable unit and from time to time it will freeze the water inside and burst a copper pipe. I’m done repairing this one and am open to suggestions. I have electricity and water at the lease when it’s not extremely cold. Any suggestions?

I’m looking for something I can leave inside the RV and won’t freeze on the inside. I don’t keep a heater running, so it can get below freezing inside the RV.

Thanks

Why not just use the RV shower and winterize every weekend when you leave? That’s what I do and have got it down to a 15-20 minute process and so far (knock on wood) have never had anything go wrong.

Comment

The way I winterize, I blow out the water lines with a portable pancake compressor. I worry about getting all the lines empty, so it usually takes 20 minutes. I’m interested in your procedure. Maybe that’s a thought but I normally don’t allow water in the lines until March or so when I come back to do some pig hunting

Comment

I leave my hot water heater going and leave all the faucets open so the water in them can expand in the pipe with no pressure. Never had a pipe bust.

Comment

I just turn water off out side and open all the faucets. Never had a problem in 10 years.

Comment

I use a zodi portable water heater. I fill up a 5 gallon bucket with water and turn it on. Pumps the water though copper coils that are heated by a small screw on propane bottle. I put the hose with the shower head in the bucket let it circulate until the water is hot. Usually about 15 minutes. Works really well. The water can get really hot. You can control the heat with the temp knob. I think i paid $125.00for it a few years ago at cabelas

Comment

Originally posted by Delirious View Post
              The way I winterize, I blow out the water lines with a portable pancake compressor. I worry about getting all the lines empty, so it usually takes 20 minutes. I’m interested in your procedure. Maybe that’s a thought but I normally don’t allow water in the lines until March or so when I come back to do some pig hunting
              Same thing with your portable unit

Comment

I need to figure something out too. I don’t like taking showers in my popup because I don’t want to put it up with anything still being wet.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
                  I use a zodi portable water heater. I fill up a 5 gallon bucket with water and turn it on. Pumps the water though copper coils that are heated by a small screw on propane bottle. I put the hose with the shower head in the bucket let it circulate until the water is hot. Usually about 15 minutes. Works really well. The water can get really hot. You can control the heat with the temp knob. I think i paid $125.00for it a few years ago at cabelas
                  And this might be my answer. That and a portable shower house like you can get at Walmart.

Comment

I sell about a dozen of these every season: http://www.xtremeheaters.com/

Comment

I use a small portable 12v compressor, hook it up to city water intake let it run go in open and close all faucets showers commode back-and-forth on tell nothing but air comes out, pour camper antifreeze in all the drains. Takes me about 10 minutes,

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero88 View Post
                        Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                        And this might be my answer. That and a portable shower house like you can get at Walmart.
                        I have the Zodi water heater and a two room shower tent. Both work great. I also use a 5 gal bucket for the water. You can get two showers out of one bucket if you're conservative. Every thing (except the tent) packs up in the bucket for easy storage and transportation.

Comment

Morgan building and a propane hot tub? Invite the wife?

Comment

You could always just take the unit home with you and transport back and forth in cold weather. Our on demand portable hot water heater is small enough to do this plus only two water connections.

Comment

I always drain grey and black tanks first. Then disconnect from water and open the two low point drains at the back of my trailer, open up the water heater drain and let them all run dry. Then I add a solo cup full of antifreeze in all drains and the toilet and call it good. Never put a compressor to it, and it gets pretty cold out here. I’m a pansy and as far as I’m concerned There isn’t much worse than a cold shower, so my trailer shower is a must.

Comment

Working...
                              X