Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who makes the best cellular game camera these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who makes the best cellular game camera these days?

Who makes the best cellular game camera these days? I have strong AT&T signal.

Plenty of threads in the search function for this if you want lots of info

Just bought a covert and set it up yesterday and after about 20-25 photos I'm not very impressed. Getting about 1/2 the photos I was with the previous 2 cameras and the quality is less.

Just bumped up the image quality and sensitivity to the max possible so we'll see how that changes things as 25 photos isn't a good data pool in my opinion

Comment

Most game cameras these days are neck in neck in photo quality. The main thing is signal strength and which provider.

Remember that cellular signal is not the same as data signal.

Where I hunt out near San Angelo, I had 3 bars of AT&T signal on my cell phone so I got a cellular camera. Installed in on my next trip out and it showed 2-3 bars of signal which "should" have been plenty to send a pic. Well, come to find out that was a roaming signal and I didn't realize it. There wasn't enough actual AT&T data signal to send pics.

With a 32gb card and 10 AA batteries, it will go a solid year with over 3K pictures

My brother has the same camera and hunted a different part of the state. He had zero issues with receiving pics or picture quality.

This is the model we both have and they're 5-6 years old now.

Comment

I'm a big fan of the Spartan cameras. Have 2 and they have been flawless thus far over 2+ years. All of the TrailCamPro Prostate use them as well and love them. I have the IR model in AT&T. They take and send good pics and the pics are even better when you finally pull the card and see them on the computer. Like with any cell cam the batteries don't last as long as standard cams since they work so hard to send pics to text/email, etc. I'll get 2-3 months out of lithium batteries taking quite a few pics a day. Making external packs this year to make them last longer but usually only run them Sept-Jan

Comment

Snyper's Commander 3G has been the best "bang for your buck" I have used. I've used Spartan, Covert and Snyper and have found all three to have their pros and cons. Since Snyper has updated their firmware to allow large resolution images to be transmitted to their app, or via text message, that is all I will be using now on our feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSide View Post
            Snyper's Commander 3G has been the best "bang for your buck" I have used. I've used Spartan, Covert and Snyper and have found all three to have their pros and cons. Since Snyper has updated their firmware to allow large resolution images to be transmitted to their app, or via text message, that is all I will be using now on our feeders.
            X2 for snyper. I have had mine out since last November and it is still working flawlessly. If you run Energizer lithiums should be looking at 4-6 months of battery life, depending on how many pics you get per day.

Comment

Wow! Just went online to check the price on these Snyoer commanders and was shocked! A lot less than expected. I had been leaning towards a Spartan but may have to rethink that now.
              Attached Files

Comment

I may be blowing the curve but I got in excess of two months out of a set of Duracells for my commander 3g. ( I pulled them with better than 1/3 life on the meter)
                Been very happy with it. I will be buying another.

Comment

sniper takes good pics but his cs skills are in the dirt!!!! need a new antenna, emailed twice,message twice on fb and was supposed to add them to the website on Monday,still waiting so I bought it from acorn camera, which this camera has 3 different names it sells by.

Comment

I have had good luck with covert. I haven't tried others so I can't speak to them. I have used the Covert solar panel and Panasonic Eneloop Pro batteries and haven't touched them in one year. One of my busy spots I get over 300 pics a day.

Comment

Thanks for info

Comment

Originally posted by TTORA View Post
                        sniper takes good pics but his cs skills are in the dirt!!!! need a new antenna, emailed twice,message twice on fb and was supposed to add them to the website on Monday,still waiting so I bought it from acorn camera, which this camera has 3 different names it sells by.

Not sure I am following

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                          Not sure I am following
                          his customer service stinks. I need a replacement antenna,after many tries he finally said he would add the item to his website,its still not there. I have been dealing with this for nearly 2 weeks. sniper is sold under several different names by other sites, aka wildguarder....

Comment

Does anyone like the Bushnell 14MP aggressor wireless? How many years will it stay good?

Comment

Does anyone here use these cell cameras in Mexico we are close to the border wanna get one just don't know if it will work

Comment

Working...
                              X