Crooked Water District Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crooked Water District Help

I’m in need of some help from the knowledgeable members of the green screen. The situation is that I am needing a water tap put in by the local water district and was asking for a quote of what it might cost for a commercial tap as well as the price per gallon given the elected water usage. The told me they were unable to provide me a quote for either of these because they were working on a “project” and would not give any details. When asked for and estimated time when they would be finished they wouldn’t tell me that either, not even a general time such as a couple of months. This is not my first complaint with them though. We have lost a lot of revenue due to them dragging their feet with other businesse ventures, making false promises, and them charging absurd prices.

So I ask you this, what would you do in this situation and who would you contact. Any kind of confrontation or asking them why there are delays seems to slow the process even further. And yes we have been nothing but cordial to them and are not the only ones having problems. The entire community under their jurisdiction is unhappy with their performance.

Any help I will be grateful for. Thanks!

Get a lawyer

Comment

Look up CCN Laws and see if they are required to provide you water.

Comment

Dig a well? Dont know how much water you need though.

Comment

File a complaint with the Texas Department of Public Utilities.
          I’m on our property board and that is who we direct people to that have an issue with the water district.

Comment

As CoolHandLuke mentioned the Public Utilities Commission has a complaint process. I think you can find that online. I work with a lot of water districts. Its common for a district to have an infrastructure inadequacy that prevents them from adding additional taps. The most common are that they have reached a connection or capacity limit that puts them in violation of TCEQ rules. Usually "working on a project" means they are trying to address the issue through an infrastructure project. Unfortunately, those can take years and, as long as the district is actively working on it, they will be cut a lot of slack by the enforcement agencies. If you know anyone on the district board, it may be worth a chat with them. If you are only talking with the office staff so far, you may also try talking with the general manager. They may know more about whats going on and could give you options.

Comment

Being in the construction business we deal with this quite a bit, hire you a lawyer that specializes in this sort of thing, more often than not we find it works out in our favor .

Comment

how much you need?
                well is an option for endless supply- depending on your amount you could even do an onsite storage catch for rainwater with a 10k gallon tank.. one good heavy rain and it will fill up

Comment

Which water district is this? I might know some people?

Comment

Contact the tceq and texas water developement board.

Comment

How rural of an area is it? Is it a an area where small town politics or who you know situation?

Comment

If its rural they usually have no requirement to provide service even if there is an easement through your property for a water line. In our area we have to pay a engineering firm out of Houston to prove there is adequate water flow before a meter is even approved even if property had one previous but was pulled for one reason or another.

Comment

TCEQ overseees water districts and muds. Does this water district have a general manager or board of directors? I would try the directors first and then the TCEQ.

Comment

Any time I've had to deal with a water district I had to have a lawyer.

Comment

Tceq

Comment

Working...
                              X