Hunting And Vehicle a SUV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting And Vehicle a SUV

I now have a SUV and have had a truck all my life. Does anybody have a SUV and use it to load corn and hunting supplies while going to the lease.
    My question is what do you do with lack of room or do you add some type of attachment that goes on the hitch receiver?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When i had my 4 runner, i used a hitch rack carrier, could load it down with coolers, etc and role on.

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
      When i had my 4 runner, i used a hitch rack carrier, could load it down with coolers, etc and role on.

Expensive?

Comment

For about a decade my hunting vehicle was a 4x4 Cherokee. With the back seat folded down it would haul a lot of gear. I also used a hitch haul for corn and taking deer to the processor.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
          Expensive?

Usually find them fairly cheap, i pad $50 for the one i had from someone on craigslist. TSC has them, but i dont know prices.

Comment

I have a Toyota rav 4 and have a basket on the back, mainly to haul dead animals around instead of going in vehicle. Works perfect for me, I just lay the seats down for more room also. My lease has nice roads everywhere so it works out fine.

Comment

I have a 4x4 Cherokee... usually use a basket off the hitch. When I forget it... the corn/deer/whatever goes in the cargo area with the seats down.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I pulled my 16 ft. trailer with my wife's Mountaineer

Comment

I have used a Tahoe before to haul corn and hunting supplies before, we removed rear seat and had plenty of room to haul small loads for hunting season
                  I even hauled 2 does home in it, I don’t recommend that if it belongs to the wife “she frowned up that idea”
                  We also pulled small flatbed with it for bigger loads

Comment

I had a little GMC Jimmy for several years and did a LOT of hunting and lease supply trips with it. It had a rack on top. I can't think of a time where I wished I had a truck.

That being said, I have more toys and more kids now and pretty much need my truck.

Comment

In 2012 when diesel was almost 5 bucks a gallon, I hunted that entire season out of my Expedition. I already had the hitch and haul for getting deer back to camp or ice chest, gas cans and stuff you did not want inside. I also purchased rubber mat made for the back of the SUV that had sides so nothing could leak into the carpet. I loved going to the Panhandle ranch for half of what I usually spent on diesel. You will also bring less stuff and realize you don't need every piece of hunting equipment you own every weekend. If all else fails, buy a small utility trailer. Hope this helps.

Comment

I’m doing it in a Land Rover Discovery. Plenty of room if you fold up the back seats, I can get a ton of corn in there. Actually transported a 600lb feeder in the cargo area before, too. I also use a hitch mounted cargo carrier to carry everything from coolers to fresh kills.

I used to drive a truck but love the added maneuverability and smaller size of the SUV. Won’t really drive a truck out there anymore unless I’m hauling a pretty heavy trailer.

Comment

I do it all with a jeep liberty 4x4 and a hitch receiver rack from Harbor Freight. Hitch Rack makes a great way to carry dead game back to skin without getting the inside bloody or having to lift it to high

Comment

Get a pakmule

PAKMULE is a rugged, 100% Aluminum Cargo Carrier with a locking anti-wobble connection. Built for the adventure ahead and Made in America, because it matters.

Comment

Working...
                            X