No announcement yet.

LBJ Grasslands 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The full moon this weekend is killing it for us. Everything's moving at night.....

Comment

With that moon I wasn't going to waste the gas either.

Comment

Originally posted by static99899 View Post
        The full moon this weekend is killing it for us. Everything's moving at night.....

I could see just fine by moon light last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rmckelvain View Post
          Has anyone heard or seen pics of anything shot out on the grasslands??? I am unable to hunt out there this year, so I'm living vicariously thru yall....lol
          They have been moving during the day. I believe we are just not as good as hunting them as they are of avoiding us!

Comment

Originally posted by bulletpusher View Post
            I stuck a 150# black hog last Monday, but arrow hit spine or a rib and it stopped the arrow cold. No good blood but did find the arrow 300 yards away, and only penetrated a couple inches. Thats only the second hog I've seen up there in 15 years. The shot was a high angle only 10' from the tree. I just cant win with these big hogs. Uugg!
            What unit on lbj is best for hog huntin?

Comment

I stayed in stand all day last Thursday and didn't see anything. 6am till almost 745pm. I'm thinking this Thursday might again be a good hunt so I might trek up for a new area. I picked what I thought was area but a lot of shooting while I was out... maybe the skeet shooting area of LBJ smh... first timer

Comment

Originally posted by giveiturbest View Post
                I stayed in stand all day last Thursday and didn't see anything. 6am till almost 745pm. I'm thinking this Thursday might again be a good hunt so I might trek up for a new area. I picked what I thought was area but a lot of shooting while I was out... maybe the skeet shooting area of LBJ smh... first timer

There are usually people out dove hunting the area. At least from my experience anyway. Welcome to the green screen and good luck this season!

Comment

Is this the Caddo WMA we are talking about? If so how is it? I prefer spot and stalking as opposed to tree stand. Is it a good place for that sorta thing? How pressured is it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Willlord View Post
                    Is this the Caddo WMA we are talking about? If so how is it? I prefer spot and stalking as opposed to tree stand. Is it a good place for that sorta thing? How pressured is it?

Brother, spot and stalk is a great way to pizz a lot of people off. Nothing more discouraging then to have a guy bumbling though the woods ruining your hunt. But it's your right, just make sure you do it at Caddo and not the Grasslands.

Comment

Originally posted by Willlord View Post

No. This is LBJ north of Decatur. There is a Caddo thread though.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                        Brother, spot and stalk is a great way to pizz a lot of people off. Nothing more discouraging then to have a guy bumbling though the woods ruining your hunt. But it's your right, just make sure you do it at Caddo and not the Grasslands.

You're absolutely right. I'm new the this areas public land so I'm trying to figure out around here where I can do my thing. Last thing I was to do is bust up someone's spot.

Comment

Best thing to do is get a map, drive until you find a unit with no trucks parked at the entrance, and start pounding it out. There's a lot space out there to accommodate your style of hunting.

Comment

Back at it this afternoon. Stopped at DQ in Decatur and ran into a couple guys talking about heading into the woods this afternoon as well. Winds blowing pretty good up in the tree. Honestly feels pretty good tho. I'll update with any sighting/or BBD! Haha

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

If I wasn't on call for work I would be out too !

Comment

Working...
                                X