Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovin this thread!

Comment

WOW amazing animal!

Comment

If I missed it, sorry, but can someone tell me what PH stands for? Thanks

Comment

Sorry bud, PH is Professional Hunter. It refers to your guide.

Again, thank you all for the very nice complements.

Comment

Dang it, how could I not figure that out. Sorry, Keep it coming.

Comment

Congrats on an excellent Nyala!

Comment

We loaded up the Nyala and detoured by Anthony's house to show his wife. Natasha is very much involved in the business, SWIFT DIP, that they own together and wanted to see it.

They were both happy for me and advised me that this was indeed a very good nyala.

After talking and a very refreshing coke zero, we were on our way back to the lodge.

Comment

That evening, after another wonderful meal, we decided to do our first night hunt. I had talked to Anthony ahead of time before the hunt and advised him I was very interested in some of the smaller nocturnal species that Africa has to offer; such as the civet cat, genet, honey badger, african porcupine, bushpig, etc.

Comment

For some, we would sit in a blind at night over the remains of animal carcasses (bones, guts, etc) from previous hunts and ease on a red light, while for others, we would drive around from atop the toyota shining a red light.

These particular species rarely if ever come out at day, so these would be our only options.

This night, we would be driving around searching.
                    Last edited by MichaelW; 09-12-2010, 08:08 PM.

Comment

As we drove around, the cool air was a bit nipply sitting atop the Toyota hunting truck. Those that know me well and hunt with me often, know it doesen't take much for me to get cold.

Driving around the endless roads was very enjoyable. We saw a variety of different game with much of it, some we had not yet seen.

As we rounded a corner and Anthony shined the light out in the field, I saw one of the night animals I was interested in for the first time. Anthony immediately jumped off the truck and was running on the trail to try and keep up with it.

Amazingly, he treed, well kinda treed it as it eventually stopped running and turned to stand its ground.

I was already out of the truck with bow in hand. I was using Nockturnal lighted nocks which proved invaluable for the night hunting. I quickly loosed an arrow before it bounded off.....we had our first night animal.

Comment

A nice genet...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Keep them coming! Great Nyala and a big congrats. When you get thru with this, you need to put all this on a DVD, story and pics and sell them. I would definitley buy one to read and see the pics again.

Comment

I didn't think you could import honey badgers ??

Get on with it already, this is BS !!!

Just come by my office tomorrow and show me pics.

Comment

Great story, thanks for bringing us along.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                                I didn't think you could import honey badgers ??

Get on with it already, this is BS !!!

Just come by my office tomorrow and show me pics.

The permits had to be applied for in advance....then you're good

I'm trying bud....resizing pics and all takes a bit. I guess I could just quit sweating the small details and post the main ldps.

10-4, see you tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X