Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Successful Draw Hunt Result For The Chap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After 27 years I got drawn last year and was super excited. We saw only a few does and a couple of small bucks. There was a few bucks killed but nothing exceptional. The chap doesn't have the brush and deer since the fire. Even though our group was disappointed I put in for the chap again. Good luck.

Comment

We are there on the 2nd hunt.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
        I did too, but only after my second time to ever apply to there!!!

Are you on the first or second hunt?
        We are there on the 2nd hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Hey Chris, who's "we". You and your dad? You and your wife?
          Me, my dad and Chris Ritchie.

Comment

Originally posted by charrell71 View Post
            Me, my dad and Chris Ritchie.

Awesome! I was hoping you would say your dad. That Chris Ritchie guy is a little sketchy

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
              After 27 years I got drawn last year and was super excited. We saw only a few does and a couple of small bucks. There was a few bucks killed but nothing exceptional. The chap doesn't have the brush and deer since the fire. Even though our group was disappointed I put in for the chap again. Good luck.
              I strongly disagree with this, in most area the brush is now thicker since the fire and the deer are still there. I have hunted that place 5 times since about 2007 and I’ve seen hunts where not a single deer was killed, and others where some studs were killed. It’s not a canned hunt with deer under every tree, never has been. Weather plays a major role and some luck also. If it stays dry and you hit a good cold front it should be great.

Comment

Ok, we all know that compartment selection is based on the last 2 numbers of your permit. There are 80 permits broken up into 2 hunt dates. Our permits end in '23' which leads me to believe we would be middle of the pack for the 1st hunt. However, we were drawn for the 2nd hunt. Anyone have a clue how that works?

Comment

I’m not sure, we were in the first hunt last yr with I think a number of 46 if I remeber correct and we picked about 5th or 6th. Seems like they changed it up some.

Comment

I'm on the first hunt and the last 2 numbers are 47??

Comment

I got drawn for the first archery hunt as well, December 3-6th. My last 2 on the permit number are 04...
                      This was only my 3rd time entering for it and I'm feeling very lucky and blessed to have been drawn.

I'll be hunting solo. I plan to bring a pop up blind or 2 and probably build up some brush piles as well just so I have options. Good luck to you others that were selected!

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

You can't tell anything about the draw from your permit number. Call the WMA and they'll tell you when you get to pick your compartment.

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
                            You can't tell anything about the draw from your permit number. Call the WMA and they'll tell you when you get to pick your compartment.
                            This is in direct conflict with what hunters from previous years have said. Has something changed for this year?

Comment

Prior to 2014, you could tell your draw order by your permit number. Recently I had permit 152257 on a hunt that only drew 2 permits.

Comment

I'm on my 20th year applying, maybe it will be my year.

Comment

Working...
                                X