Jewelry Insurance opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jewelry Insurance opinions

I am looking into jewelry insurance and the 2 options are to add it to your homeowners or to get a seperate independant insurance.

My question is this: since the premium is almost identical why would someone add it under homeowners when: 1. you have to pay a deductible for a claim and it doesn't cover theft/loss, and 2. your homeowners insurance rates will go up when you file a claim?

I talked with my homeowners insurance company and they told me to go with Jewelry Mutual and I got a quote for $100 a year for complete coverage with no deductible. I applaud my insurance company for not trying to screw me and recommending what they personally do.

Lets hear it

Completely depends on how your particular companies homeowners policy treats jewelry coverage, but in most cases it will be better to put it on a stand alone jewelry policy in order to get a broader coverage with less deductible

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
      Completely depends on how your particular companies homeowners policy treats jewelry coverage, but in most cases it will be better to put it on a stand alone jewelry policy in order to get a broader coverage with less deductible
      This ^^^

I use a company called Jeweler's Mutual. Good folks to deal with thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
        Originally posted by kck View Post
        This ^^^

I use a company called Jeweler's Mutual. Good folks to deal with thus far.
        This is exactly my feelings! Just puzzles me because EVERYONE I talk to says add to homeowners like its a no brainer but I feel its a no brainer the other way

That is who I looked into also

Comment

My wife's jewelry is totally separate from our homeowner's policy. Same company, separate personal articles policy.

Comment

We have a separate policy from our Homeowners policy. Both with USAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              My wife's jewelry is totally separate from our homeowner's policy. Same company, separate personal articles policy.
              X2

Yes, it's the same company insuring both, but the personal articles policy is separate from homeowners insurance and has a separate deductible.

Comment

Working...
              X