Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got first drawn hunt confirmations from TPWD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meathunter View Post
    They just sent me a follow up email stating it was an error and that I will still be eligible when the drawing comes around.
    hire an attorney !!!!!! you had it in writing !!!!!

( sorry about the confusion )

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    Crap. I got a letter for a bighorn sheep hunt yesterday. Went out and bought a $1200 rifle! Hopefully the wife won't make me return it.
    HA HA. You beat me to this one !

Comment

Elephant Mountain

Originally posted by meathunter View Post
      My son got drawn at Chap on a management hunt and Elephant Mountain for an anterless hunt. He is pretty excited. This is the fourth year in a row he has drawn some kind of hunt at Chap.
      I just drew an archery mule deer buck tag for Nov 17th thru the 20th at Elephant Mountain. Really excited about coming but had a few questions. Do you guys camp there and what is the deal with not being able to bring along a guest to help out? It will be a long lonely trip from Alabama, but if that is what it takes...

Comment

Originally posted by bamabob View Post
        I just drew an archery mule deer buck tag for Nov 17th thru the 20th at Elephant Mountain. Really excited about coming but had a few questions. Do you guys camp there and what is the deal with not being able to bring along a guest to help out? It will be a long lonely trip from Alabama, but if that is what it takes...
        You revived an old thread, lol.

You can bring anyone you want, as long as you put their name on the card, which you apparently didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by denowt View Post
          You revived an old thread, lol.

You can bring anyone you want, as long as you put their name on the card, which you apparently didn't.
          I dont use the site a lot. I guess I didnt see a card when I applied on line... Any advise?

Comment

Congrats on being drawn. hes referring to applying as a group. people whose names are on the app (we used a card system and mail in the past before our online app) My advice is im sure someone on here is going post a new thread and find someone to maybe hang with.

Ive never mule deer hunted with a bow but ittl be a challenge. bring good glass and be ready to walk

I got drawn for archery whitetail and im doing it by myself its a mon-friday hunt. be capable of relying on yourself, have the necessities with you to cover the situations that may pop up, have fun and enjoy the silence and scenery.

I dont use the site a lot. I guess I didnt see a card when I applied on line... Any advise?

Comment

The "card" was your application.
              Most hunts allow a maximum of 4 hunters on each application.

Comment

thanks for the advise!

Comment

If anyone gets drawn for Elephant mountain, the far northeast corner of the property is the best. Mule deer come across the east fence into that pasture every morning. Last morning of our hunt in 2012, saw 8 bucks come cross that fence. I used a radio to talk my buddy into range of a large 4x4, but missed him. 30 minutes later i talked him down to a 5x5, but got busted by loose rocks. This is a great place to hunt!

Comment

I haven't hunted Elephant Mountain but I did hunt Black Gap. The same office runs both hunts and the area staff are very helpful. Call the hunt area and ask lots of questions. Motels are probably far away so you'll probably want to tent camp. That's what I did and it was amazing. Beautiful mountain scenery and I was the only hunter in my compartment as you will be. Bring a game cart or a pack frame in case you bag one. Have all your water and other necessities and plan on not visiting civilization for the whole hunt unless they say a store is within reasonable distance.
                    Take their advice if they recommend hunting over a waterhole. I did not take that advice and I got skunked. I was the only hunter who didn't see any javelina and I was the only hunter who wanted to take one.
                    You're going to love this hunt. It will be just you and the great outdoors. Prepare for a "religious" experience.

Comment

Haha

Comment

What does pending 2nd draw mean? I got this for private lands in Travis County?

Thanks!!!
                        Last edited by topduarte; 09-29-2014, 09:04 PM.

Comment

I found the answer:

What is the Secondary Drawing?

•If all hunt permits are not accepted after the initial draw, a Secondary Draw will be performed to select alternate hunters.
                          •The purpose of the Secondary Drawing is to fill as many hunt positions as possible to maximize hunter opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                          X