Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free range axis/exotics around Fredericksburg?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free range axis/exotics around Fredericksburg?

My father and I are looking at a few hundred acres about 20 miles northeast of Fredericksburg and about the same distance northwest of Johnson City. Saw plenty of whitetail but not really concerned with that as much as I am about the possibility of free ranging exotics. Just wanted to see if anyone is familiar with that area and could fill me in a bit on the subject. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Should be plentiful

Comment

There are bb and axis in the area.

Comment

Nice! I appreciate it fellas. The realtor we rode with said they never really saw axis to speak of but I had to assume there would be some.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
          Nice! I appreciate it fellas. The realtor we rode with said they never really saw axis to speak of but I had to assume there would be some.
          At the very least they are going to be moving through the area. They follow the pedernales river valley, and will slowly spread(like they already have been)

Comment

Cool, much appreciated sir! The property is just a few miles north of Grape Creek that splits of the Pedernales so your info is definitely helping the cause.

Comment

We put up game cams once we narrowed down where we were buying a fed a little. Sure enough it showed us exactly what was in the area. The landowner consented before the deal was made.

Comment

Sometimes that area is a hit and miss

There are places that area over run and some that have none at all

Comment

Cool, much appreciated sir! The property is just a few miles north of Grape Creek that splits of the Pedernales so your info is definitely helping the cause.
                  Are you referring to north grape creek?

Comment

Yessir, off of 1323.

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
                      Are you referring to north grape creek?
                      If so, you better buy that property. There are some DANG good whitetail bucks in that area. I have a buddy that was ranch hand over there. The owners let him hunt for free. He killed upper 130 lower 140 inch bucks out there almost every year.

He also shot a lot of pigs bb and like 2 or 3 axis does.

Comment

I would ask the seller if you can put a feeder up and a bale of alfalfa with a trail cam down near the river bottom. I bet you will see some deer.

Comment

OK enough I'll be on the phone with them in 5 minutes! Are you getting a commission off of this?

Comment

OK enough I'll be on the phone with them in 5 minutes! Are you getting a commission off of this?
                            Hahaha i wish

Comment

Friend of mine owns a place outside Fred in Mason county. They have a live creek, plenty of cover, food crops, low fence neighbors, and they have seen 1 axis in the 20 years they have owned the place.

Comment

Working...
                              X