Blind Shooting Rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blind Shooting Rest

I have a couple blinds that have shots out to 350 yards. In the past, most of my shots were 100 yards and in. What rests do you all use for blinds that help steady long distance shots? Is there an actual "rest" that you would recommend? A heavy high quality window bag might be a solid option. Thanks!

I have shelves under my windows and I use either corn hole bags or the leather shooting bags from Academy.

Comment

Years ago when I shot a rifle we just filled up a cut off old blue jean pant leg up with sand and tied knots on the ends with a piece of small rope. Make them any size you want. Lasted forever in the blind and worked great. Why spend money on shooting bags when you can make them. Free is better.

Comment

In my case it’s not the Harrell at the window that causes issue. It’s testing my arm and shoulder anchored. We build a movable self for our elbows to rest on. I know they make tripod that hold the rifle. Not sure how much room you have in your blind.

Comment

1x4 long enough to go through both windows on each side of the blind. Anchoring the elbow is key to long range shooting.

Comment

Since PRS is very popular today, there are tons of shooting bag options.
            Buy someone's used bag for roughly 25% off a new price.
            You can fill it with any material to make it as heavy or light as you prefer
            I recently picked up the Game Changer by Armageddon Gear

Comment

Blind Rest

Here is the little DIY job I use - nothing better in my opinion.......
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Twipper333 View Post
                Here is the little DIY job I use - nothing better in my opinion.......
                You need to give us some info on this, looks really good

pray for rain

Comment

I found these at Academy on closeout. Made by Allen I out one in the blind window and use a Bog Pod bi pod to anchor the back side.
                  Attached Files

Comment

W-GEAR CLAW BAG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                      You need to give us some info on this, looks really good

pray for rain
                      Shadow Tech heavy duty tripod, shadow tech pig saddle and a heavy duty ball head with arca plate. Shoots that .308 smooth as butta......I love the ball head, its makes panning around so easy!

Comment

Bogpod bipod and window bag.

[ATTACH]959344[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                          [ATTACH]959344[/ATTACH]
                          This is the same method I use,It keeps me rock steady for the long shots.

Comment

Same here. Window bag and a Primos Trigger Stick under the Butt stock

Comment

All I've ever done is make sure to get rid of the floating elbow. So long as I'm out the other window with that elbow I'm typically comfortable. If I can't do that, I turn into a contortionist in how I sit in my chair so I can find a way to anchor the but of the gun and/or my right arm on the back rest of the chair.

Comment

Working...
                              X