Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PR move

Comment

I'm not sure why they would deviate away from federal law or local restrictions and make a blanket rule like that.
      Publicity stunt. Their founder stated that he has never been a member of the NRA. They are only doing it for the publicity and to get the snowflakes business.

The article I read said that they won't sell any "automatic rifles".

Comment

Can't wait for them to open Scheel's here in the Metroplex

Comment

Just for the record, Academy never stoped selling AR’s. They simply stopped displaying them. It was a stupid knee-jerk reaction on Academy’s part(IMHO), but they did continue to sell them.

Comment

Don't worry guys!! There are plenty of TBH FFL's that will sell you what you want.

Comment

Academy was always my choice... and dicks just made it a clear one

Comment

Dicks sporting goods

Just saw where Dicks Sporting Goods, Is pulling on Ar's off shelf and no longer going to sell them, don't go there much but want go anymore for sure now.

God Bless
                Bish

Comment

Thanks for cleaning all the threads up MODS.
                  Last edited by AntlerCollector; 02-28-2018, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Can you boycott a place you don't shop at ?
                    :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Lsube0555 View Post
                      Typically bass pro is the highest priced, the field and stream by my house that did the 25 off priced match before the discount as well, bought a shotgun that was 1699 at bass pro they had it for 1769, they matched it and took a extra hundred off and then got the 25, so for me it was a good deal, wonder if they will clearance out all their mags and guns ?
                      I priced out a savage weather warrior, and BP was 700 store price, dicks was 25% off 929. So in the end, dicks was cheaper. When I went back to bass pro, they came down to the dicks price and then some. I will spend my money at Cabelas/Bass Pro any day over dicks.

Comment

The name of the store is Dicks... that is all you really need to know.

I have bought rollerblades and street hockey sticks there... that is about all they are good for in these here parts where you can buy real outdoor equipment at real outdoor stores.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                          Never been in one of their stores & never will.
                          They don't know %#^*+.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            to anyone under 21. They also will not sell AR style guns at all. This is what I've been told. Can anyone confirm it yet? I haven't been in there lately, and don't shop there for guns anyway. Their business, they can't do what they want imo. That being said, hopefully it will hit them in the pocket book. I'm afraid others will follow the lead, and make it harder to purchase AR's.
                            That isn’t a entirely bad idea as I see nothing good with ar style weapon
                            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 02-28-2018, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                              I would support a company policy to not sell firearms to - 21 years old
                              It's a logical policy
                              I bet they will not raise the voting age!!!!

Comment

I'm fine with it. It would be ok with me if they stopped making all AR's, except I don't think the dems's would be satisfied with that. I grew up with lever and bolt action and don't see a need for high capacity magazines or AR style rifles.

Comment

Working...
                                X