X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badger Broadheads

These look like solid broadheads.

Anybody using them?

They look mean! I also think they had a design change. There was a thread earlier, either here or in TradGang, where they had picks and a lot of guys were saying "Nope, can't use them here cause they are barbed.". The pics in that thread showed a much more barbed head. They look like they would work great!

Maybe not! I just got this off their website:

Badger Broadheads are considered "Barbed" so be sure to check your local hunting rules and regulations.
    So they would not be legal for much other than pigs here in TX!

Well, I'm a bit confused now. Just went to TPWD website and cannot find anything about barbed broadheads any more. So I'm not sure if my statement above is true or not?

Bisch
    Last edited by Bisch; 11-29-2013, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Just found that part about the barbed head.

Comment

Cannot find on TPWD that the heads are not legal in TX

Comment

That's what I was referring to. It USED to be in TX that a hunting broadhead could not be barbed. I cannot find anything about that in the current regulations.

I just called a game warden buddy of mine up and he confirmed that there is nothing in the current regs to prohibit the use of a barbed head. Sooooooo. I gues they would be good to use here in TX.

Bisch

Comment

I bought some but I have not used them yet due to the fact that I cannot get an edge on them that I am satisfied with - even after I watched their sharpening video and followed those instructions. In fact I kept filing one until I ruined it. I've had no problem getting a shaving edge on other single bevel heads but for some reason I couldn't get there with the Badgers. They are dang sure solid - there will be no broadhead failure no matter what you shoot with them, including a 1972 Buick. If I was shooting a fast compound bow I would feel better about them but not from my 50lb longbow.

Comment

They look meat to me

Comment

Sorry,mean. Looks like they will make meat tho.

Comment

Idaho,Minnesota,North Carolina,Oregon,Washington,Kentucky,New York,North&South Dakota are the only states that do not allow any form of barbed bh.

Comment

These broadheads fly great out of my recurve. I picked 125gr. Testing them out very soon.

Comment

Great heads, Great company, Great results ~

Comment

Does anybody have any pictures or can they give any input on performance of these broadheads? When I shoot a standard single bevel grizzly broad into my broadheads target, the arrow will rotate just over a 1/4 of a turn before the arrow/broadhead are out of the target. (Single bevels are supposed to rotate as they go through.) However, I cannot tell what is happening with the Badgers. I get about the same penitration with both heads (175 gr each) but I cannot tell what the rate of rotation is on the badger. It will pull out pieces of the target with it. (I believe that due to the "barbed" design, it does not like to back out easily.) I tried looking on YouTube to see if anyone shot balistics jelly and compared the badger to other broadheads as far as penitration and rate of twist were concerned but did not find anything.

Please let me know if anyone one here can verify that it does or does not twist more once going through the target. It looks like it would twist more...

My thought is that if you get the same penitration but a slightly faster twist rate as it goes through the target, then you get a more deviating wound channel.

These things are tuff to sharpen. I ddo not have a file but I used a wet stone and it did take some time. I managed to get it hair popping sharp and look forward to using it on an unlucky pig when I get the chance.

Comment

No go in Colorado

Comment

Not Cheap for sure. I've got so many Zwickeys and Bear Greenies I don't think I'll ever be able to justify buying any more broadheads.

Comment

Not Cheap for sure.
                              ^ This... WOW, I know they do look mean, but dang at that price I'll keep my current set-up.

Comment

Working...
                              X