What's Your Perfect Boat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    I had an 18 xpress with a 90 it was a starter boat. I ran it from duck hunts to the surf. Jug lines to boat docks. But, it was rough,wet maxed out at 4 people and wet. I upgraded with a 214 nautic star with a 150. I'm VERY happy. I've added a power pole and ipilot.

IMO the perfect boat doesn't exist. A man needs at least two. I would have. 23 cat of some sort with a Yamaha. Poles, t-top ans some tunes. That would take care of the lake and bay.

Spring and winter I'd take a 17 foot tin boat with a tiller jet. Prolly 54 or 60 wide with cat walks,an ipilot with the puck mount. Spud poles,winch and plugs to remove some leds. The metal boat would be a custom build to get what I want

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Chief View Post
    This is obviously a trick question......there is not (1) perfect boat.....
    Everybody should own a fleet, each one specific for different applications....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    These guys are right on the ball, and are invited on any of my boats at any time due to their level-headed thinking.

Comment

Comment

Well. I have a Ranger Flats Skiff that I fish the marsh and other skinny water. I also own an Alumacraft Waterfowler duck boat and I dont even duck hunt. I use it for Bass fishing and marshfishing

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
          Saltwaterslick, I like your rig!

I am not sure perfect boat describes mine, but it fits me well. 1654 Tracker with 40 hp mercury. Perfect for me would be something in the 18 to 20 foot range, wide with minimum 90 hp.

Rwc
          Sir, that smile is a representation of the perfect boat

Comment

Forgot about this thread. Pulled the trigger on an Excel 203 Bay with a 115 SHO Yammyhammer. Much like the Express Bay, but seems a little better built for the same price. Put an 80 lb Terrova with spot lock on the front with a Raymarine Dragonfly. Just need a day off with some good weather...
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
              Sir, that smile is a representation of the perfect boat
              Yes sir, he's already claimed this boat when he turns 16.......ha ha

Rwc

Comment

Fountain Sport Fish Express
                Click image for larger version

Name:	6368395_20170914103659653_1_XLARGE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	24535779

Comment

Originally posted by Txbownut View Post
                  Forgot about this thread. Pulled the trigger on an Excel 203 Bay with a 115 SHO Yammyhammer. Much like the Express Bay, but seems a little better built for the same price. Put an 80 lb Terrova with spot lock on the front with a Raymarine Dragonfly. Just need a day off with some good weather...
                  Congrats man! Thats alot like the xpress bay I just got. Now go catch lots of fish!

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                    Congrats man! Thats alot like the xpress bay I just got. Now go catch lots of fish!

Luckily I get to fish out of it whenever I please and it doesn’t cost me a thing [emoji16]

Comment

One that is paid for!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                        Let’s see this years perfect boat would be:

24ft cat with a mid tower
                        Merc 350
                        Dual 8’ power poles
                        36v auto deploy iPilot
                        16” Simrad
                        Dual live wells with O2 system and a live well chilling system
                        Charcoal grey hull with medium grey deck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        LOL............I am just seeing this brother!!! Any good news from the builder of that rig.

Comment

1984 Mastercraft Stars and Stripes. Old flat bottom ski boat that ride rough as **** in an type of choppy condition, but it goes from point A to B and the family LOVES it. Always told myself I have a classic car, but since we moved closer to the lake we got a classic boat.

Comment

Daggitt, this thread is DRAGGING me back into the boat buying world..........arguhhhhh!!!!
                            Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                            i've been wanting a boatright for years and then i discovered these guys and prodigy will be my next boat for sure. if you are even considering aluminum you owe it to yourself to go to their website.
                            Now THAT is more my style for how I use a boat!!!! Gotta check that out.
                            Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                            Yellowfin 42

YESSIR.........that is just downright beautiful, just cant get it down a canal in south Louisiana!
                            Originally posted by BrianG View Post

This guy thought he found the perfect boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            LMAO............I love that honesty! Heck, if I wanted a full fledge bass boat I would definitely help getting him off the hook.
                            Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                            Yes sir! I'd love to have one...excellent boats

Good looking rig right there! Add a bowfishing deck and LIFE is good!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                              Daggitt, this thread is DRAGGING me back into the boat buying world..........arguhhhhh!!!!
                              If you do, you will probably have it before mine Motor is estimate to ship tomorrow but I'm not holding my breathe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                                If you do, you will probably have it before mine Motor is estimate to ship tomorrow but I'm not holding my breathe.
                                That's GREAT news JP. Last we spoke they were talking huge production delays on those monster engines! Hopefully the builder can get back on track.

Comment

Working...
                                X