How long to take to cottonseed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
    I have been feeding pellets for years but just started feeding cottonseed as well this year. It seems that they have hardly touched the cottonseed though.
    They did the same at our place. They will eventually take to it and start hammering it before you know it. The first year they normally ate a whole basket in 2 months and now that we are on our 3rd of feeding it, they eat a whole basket in 3 weeks or less.

Comment

Originally posted by Thegutman View Post
      It took a couple weeks at our place. I think it depends on location also, depending on rut. I feed it year around and they will go through four bags a month but since they started rutting they have not touched it the whole month of December. So just give it time.
      Ummm your fawn count may not be very high next year

Comment

Originally posted by smith2001 View Post
        ummm your fawn count may not be very high next year
        smh...

Comment

Should not be a problem with the fawn crop as long as not fed in November and December cottonseed sterilization leaves in two weeks also late fawns have a hard time catching up

Comment

Will update on how they do on our place..

Buffet now open...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I put out two hoops with 500 lbs each, it was gone in 11 days

Comment

Slowly but surely I am getting more pics of them getting a sample of the fluffy white stuff. Been out almost 2 weeks..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just a couple of days for me according to my Covert. They were on it that night eating the corn I threw in it. They stayed in it even after the corn was gone. On my way 3/9 to refill them again as you can see they mowed it down

Comment

Working...
                  X