Axis in Montgomery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axis in Montgomery

Anybody in the Montgomery County/ Montgomery area care to venture on how these got here? Have seen them for a couple years now, only these 2. They've been hitting the feeder behind the house nearly every night for a couple months.
    Attached Files

They would have already been in my belly and down to the local sanitation waste plant if that were my yard!

Comment

Wow, make they got loose from a game ranch? Either way cool to have them in the area and would be awesome if they could multiply.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
        They would have already been in my belly and down to the local sanitation waste plant if that were my yard!

I have considered but the county passed on ordinance on bow hunting in neighborhoods. My 2 acres plus the 3 lots next to me made 8 acres I could have.......now there's houses

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck24 View Post
          Wow, make they got loose from a game ranch? Either way cool to have them in the area and would be awesome if they could multiply.

2 does is all I've ever seen.

Comment

Found an axis shed on my family's property out in Woodville last year.
            Havent seen one in person or on camera though.

Comment

If you are around the 149 / Jackson road area the michell place is in the area and has a lot of axis.

Comment

Not sure where you are but there was a place at Tobacco Rd and Honea that had some exotics in a fence and one off 1097 that had a lot. May have gotten out. I'm sure there are others but those are the 2 I can think of off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
                  If you are around the 149 / Jackson road area the michell place is in the area and has a lot of axis.

within 10 miles, Crown Oaks

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                    Not sure where you are but there was a place at Tobacco Rd and Honea that had some exotics in a fence and one off 1097 that had a lot. May have gotten out. I'm sure there are others but those are the 2 I can think of off the top of my head.
                    That's it, crown oaks is off Honea and tobacco road is less than a mile from me as a crow flies. Thanks.

Comment

There was a big escape of exotic animals from right off 45 in Conroe the 1994 floods maybe some of them made it

Comment

There is a young blackbuck making his appearances on game cameras on my Splendora lease. A few lease members have watched him mill about in person from the stand.

Best guess if Harvey nocked down a high fence somewhere and let him loose.

Comment

I filmed a black buck coming to the feeder several years back, in San Marcos. There are a bunch of axis deer out that way between San Marcos and Wimberly. Seen several from time to time, dead on the roadside, on the way to my parents' place.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw 4 axis doe cross the road once before and ran into SHNF on the west side of I-45 once outside of New Waverly. This was about 3 yrs ago! I guess you never know what is out there. Cool to see!

Comment

Got out of a high fence place nearby

Comment

Working...
                              X