Extreme Bowhunting - Bracketville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extreme Bowhunting - Bracketville

After all the searching ... I think I'll be going to Extreme Bowhunting in Bracketville.
    Looks like they have everything that I was looking for and some good prices.
    I'll just be doing the Basic Meat Hunt .
    Has anybody been there and done the "Meat Hunt Package" and what would be the average success rate. I know it's called hunting for a reason but from other reviews .... I'd guess 60-70 %

I'm very interested in this place also. I'm in touch via e-mail & possibly going to try & sponsor a Hog Wounded Warrior Bowhunt there if he has open dates in march.

Comment

I think you are maybe a little low on your success rate. I think it is gonna be very hard if not impossible to get everything on the list, but I think the odds of getting at least one or 2 is 70-80%. If you were to get Caleb to allow for Blackbuck doe instead of axis (I would say that success rate would go up to near 90% (there are a ton of BB). We hunted a 2 day hunt and for us with our travel it worked out to more like 1 1/2 days. We had shot ops at every set. I had two different Axis does (just could not get the right shot) my buddy took and Axis doe and I took a BB doe. I missed a beautiful Fallow and then made a connection on a nice male Blackbuck and my hunt partner took a beautiful Texas Dall. I can not say enough good things about Caleb or Extreme Bowhunting, but the proof is in the $$$. I have already sent in my deposit and purchased airfare for my return trip this Dec. We seen several hog but again it just did not line up, low light (no light) or we were in the ATV.

Comment

I did the meat hunt back in December.

Four sittings, I had atleast one of the animals on my hit list within bow range on each sitting, so I went 100% on shot opps. The axis are very smart, as per the species norm.

Missed a hog, had an axis doe duck farther than I anticipated, and had my drop away not drop away on a ewe. My dad lost a ewe he hit pretty good, tracked blood for quite a ways but no dead sheep. Sister killed her first bow animal, a hog.

Over all, bad luck on our end.

I reserve the right to all possible disclaimers and your results may vary
        Last edited by Bowhuntamistad; 07-09-2014, 03:42 AM.

Comment

I was at a draw between this place and Keith Johns, but from a few friends personal experience, I am going to Keith Johns in October

Comment

I just talked to Keith from KJO this morning and set -up a fall hunt. I pretty much got the same gut felling even it was tempting at first when I was searching.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar Chevy View Post
              I was at a draw between this place and Keith Johns, but from a few friends personal experience, I am going to Keith Johns in October
              Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
              I just talked to Keith from KJO this morning and set -up a fall hunt. I pretty much got the same gut felling even it was tempting at first when I was searching.
              + 1

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar Chevy View Post
                please expand a little. Was it your friends good experience with KJO? Was it their bad experience with Extreme? I would like to know either way. I think beyond a shadow of a doubt you will have a great hunt with KJO (I have yet to see a bad review of him or his outfit). Just looking for the details?

Comment

Here are some of the things that made me go with KJO even though I might very well go to Extreme Bowhunting in the future:

1. Some unsatisfied hunter reviews - May be before current owners or as they were getting started. I've only seen1 Bad review of KJO @ 1-2 years ago.
                  2. Driving Distance although minor ... KJO is almost in my backyard as Floresville is @ 30 Min from the San Antonio area.
                  3. Not really interested in goats this season .. "Better Half" says I have TOO many heads on the wall.
                  4. I'm the only one working right now while my wife is completing RN School and Extreme Bowhunting prices + $ 100 extra for my son (Non-Hunter) to tag along. KJO was very economical and stated he wouldn't charge nothing for my son to tag along.
                  5. KJO had an economical package of just the animals I'd want to hunt (Axis Does + Hogs).

Hope this Helps and like I said, I may go to Extreme Bowhunting in the future (When the wife finishes RN Scoll/Licensing).

Comment

we went back in march for a couple different hunts. some of hunted for the exotic hunt package a few of us did the meat hunt but we all saw plenty of animals the whole time and that is saying a lot for a group as big as we were.
                    Attached Files

Comment

A friend from work seemed to do well there and a couple others I asked about the place said they saw a ton of game but not to pass too many animals, lol. Extreme looks nice, too, but I was opting for their $800 package... only to think to myself, "I don't have enough freezer space for all those animals (if I shot all my eligible animals), plus... I would hate to spend the money and only shoot 1 animal.."

Comment

Working...
                      X