Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Returned From Mesquite Bowhunting!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Returned From Mesquite Bowhunting!!!

Well I had read all the negative threads about this place, but since I received the hunt for a Christmas gift I decided to go through with it. As a matter of fact I was even told it wasn't worth the price of gas to get there. HA

With the help of a few fellow TBH'rs my dad and I packed up our gear and headed down to Pearsall, Tx to meet Gerald Garrett and hunt at Mesquite Bowhunting.

We arrived at the camphouse at about 3:30 this past Friday, where we were met by Gerald, Tommy, and the two pups. We weren't scheduled to start hunting until Saturday, but Gerald was kind enough to drive us around and shows us some good spots to set up at.

Saturday morning Gerald took us out to a ground blind he had staked out on the corner of two roads. Within an hour and a half of getting in the blind we had already seen axis, a fallow, an elk, red deer, buffalo, pigs, a variety of rams, and even two water buffalo. Since this was my first outing and I was looking for an aoudad, I decided not to fling an arrow and just watch the wildlife.

Saturday evening Gerald took us back out to the same spot. Fifteen minutes after sitting there, in walks a trophy blackbuck. I completely forgot about the aoudad and sent a Slick Trick smack through the lungs. No tracking required. Ha Ha

WOW!!! My dad and I were so excited. We could've never imagined seeing as many animals and we had.

The next day we decided to go back out and wait for a couple hogs to come. Oddly enough a huge group of aoudad stood in front of us for about 30 minutes. They were really fun to watch, but my trophy was already caped out and in the freezer.

To top things off my cousin and my uncle, who had also joined us on this hunting trip, texted me at about 10:00 Sunday morning to confirm his first bow kill on a beautiful corsican ram.

Gerald Garret and Mesquite Bowhunting are legit and quite possibly the most honest business I have ever dealt with. I tip my hat to Gerald for the way he conducted himself as well as his business. I will most definitely return to Pearsall, Tx for years to come and I give my word that this is a GREAT PLACE TO BOWHUNT.

Here is the blackbuck. He was 19in.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thats is sweet man! Congrats on a nice blackbuck. Glad to see you had a great time

Comment

he is a beautiful buck, there is not much prettier than those and axis in my opinion!!

Bill

Comment

Nice! Way to go!

Comment

Nice job on the BB...I like them also!!!!

Comment

Congrats and Gig'em!

Comment

Great BB! It should look pretty good on the wall. And to say you shot it with a bow, that is a nice accomplishment. Them things act like they are hopped on dope or something most of the time. Good job.

Comment

Congrads again Aggie, glad you had a good trip.

Comment

Thanks again hc, guess I'll see you out there again sometime.

Comment

I will be there the 22nd thru 24th to take out those Buff......

You seen what HCA does to a shoulder of a hog so you know I will put the hurt on them things.
                      Man they are huge.......

Comment

ABH9, You wacked a great looking critter. I would still like to see the video. Tell your cuz I am proud of his first bow kill. I hope I'm down there when you show up again. Tell everyone it was a pleasure to meet such fine folks.

Comment

glad you had an enjoyable hunt

Comment

Thanks Pa no hard feelings.

Comment

none at all my friend, none at all. Things were perceived wrongly in our conversations

Comment

Working...
                              X