Bucks you’ve never seen before...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucks you’ve never seen before...

How many of you have taken a buck that you had no history with? A FB memory popped up from 4 years of a nice 10 I took that I had never seen on camera on our place before and it got me wondering. I’ll be in that tomorrow through Tuesday so I think I’m just anxious!

Shot him Tuesday and me nor any neighbor have ever seen him
    Attached Files

Comment

A bunch, our shooter bucks never show on cams

Comment

Last year. Had the first pic of him Monday, killed him Saturday.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	50B85311-2C01-48A0-9D13-F72FDC2F0C87.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	24560255
        Last edited by oktx; 11-15-2018, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          Shot him Tuesday and me nor any neighbor have ever seen him
          Atta boy!

Comment

Quite often. I see bucks all the time that I haven’t had on camera (and I keep quite a few out). In fact, I saw two bucks last Saturday within 50 yards of my camera that hadn’t been on it!

I move my cameras around quite a bit trying to see them, but you just never know. If you don’t bait, you’re not going to see them all.

Heck you probably aren’t even going to see them all if you bait!

I’ll check 5 tomorrow afternoon, and I am confident there will be “new” bucks on each one and probably a couple that are gone for good. That’s what makes it fun.
            Last edited by Razrbk89; 11-15-2018, 10:27 PM.

Comment

All the time, adjust cameras as desired to capture different angles of your pin, travel lane, whatever it may be.

Comment

1. Since the time game cameras became popular (say in the last 10 years or so), I’ve shot 1 buck I didn’t have on camera previously

Comment

last two bucks killed were never on camera

Comment

They are roaming mofos when the girls are getting frisky. Kinda like teenage boys in high school!!!

Comment

2008.....Saw this MF10 in the afternoon for the first time ever....early Novemberish. Nobody else had him on camera either. Was my first hunt for the 3 days I was there and he just appeared in the sendero. I video'd him but he wouldn't come in. The live pics are from that video.

That next am first thing, I had 11 deer jump in the pen without hesitation, when the feeder went off. He was number 11. I spined him but also caught the artery as a fountain of blood shot up above him. Shortest tracking job ever. Was my biggest archery deer at the time. He weighed 186 lbs live

Name:	Unlucky JLS5.jpg
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	24560259

Name:	Unlucky JLS3.jpg
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	24560260

Name:	Unlucky Crop3.jpg
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	24560258
                      Last edited by Smart; 11-15-2018, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Mature bucks on our lease are camera shy. many big boys just seem to appear during the rut or just after.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like to put cameras on trails and if you can find a community scrape you will be surprised at what comes thru that you might not otherwise see!

Comment

I was thinking about the same thing this past week. Lots of bucks seen in person that I don’t have one pic of. Being the first year of this lease I was thinking the pickings would be slim but I was wrong. My son gets a kick out of checking cameras with me and he said where did that guy come from more than once this first week we hunted.

Comment

Took this guy on a new public land unit I had not hunted before.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X