No announcement yet.

Who will not take the 1,200??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t have to worry about whether to take it or not because I ain’t getting it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by abilliott View Post
      You have to watch things like this. This is where the politicians get you, they state something false and it is regurgitated over and over without being substantiated. Again, this is how our politicians work, they are deceptive with the facts and only want you to pick up the **** they just polished and laid out.

US households numbers are gonna be between 120-130mil (checked several sources)
      Average number of people in households is about 2.63 (via census bureau)

If I was to use 2 trillion and divide by 125mil households you get a total of $16,000... still a long ways away from 1200 for each adult. But for the assumed family of 4 it is 3400 of that 16000.

Here is the other part that is not directly seen if the form of that stimulus check but does trickle down to the "households). The paycheck protection act that will incentive and encourage employers to keep their employees paid during this time... therefore money coming back to households in need.

It also addresses the hole in the family medical leave act that doesn't account for these unprecedented times and mandates that workers be paid for time off dealing with some of the hardships this has caused them (kids being out of school, caring for loved ones or yourself)...money coming back to the households.

SBA loans to help companies weather the storm. This is a hard thing to "prep" for and if companies can "stay afloat" because of a low interest loan and are able to make it back into production afterwards all while keeping their employees paid trickles back into the households.

Don't get me wrong, there is still a lot of "pork" that is unaccounted for but if you start viewing it from a 60k per household stimulus amount it definitely skews the view.

I remember all the emails that went around last time this happened that got everyone riled up. They told everyone that the government should have just given "x" amount to a everyone and they could pay off their mortgage. Meanwhile the author of the email forgot to carry his zeros... 200,000 became 2,000 when vetted.

Its crazy out there, growing up my uncle used to tell me "believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see".
      The math doesn't add up because the whole 2 Trillion isn't for individuals. It is estimated right at 560 Million for individual money.

Here is the breakdown of what goes where.

The economic relief bill provides help to individuals, businesses, hospitals, as well as state and local governments. Here are the details.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
        The math doesn't add up because the whole 2 Trillion isn't for individuals. It is estimated right at 560 Million for individual money.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/26/82145...us-aid-package

I didn’t have the energy for that one.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
          At what point? Dec 23, 1913.
          Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
          Drop the freakin microphone moment!!!!
          Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          [ATTACH]997872[/ATTACH]
          LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...…………………...right click SAVE!!!
          Originally posted by abilliott View Post
          Its crazy out there, growing up my uncle used to tell me "believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see".
          Your uncle was a smart man. Not sure how the majority became followers but there was not much of that when I was a kid.
          Originally posted by miket View Post
          I have been thinking about this the last day or so. Most my business is oil related. Its harsh, but in order to get markets back where they need to be some companies must die. I need my competition to go out of business so I will have more work. I have made, and am making sacrifices to survive stuff like this. I have kept debt low to survive this, this has stifled growth to a point, but slow growth is better than dying. But now my competition that has incurred massive amounts of debt will be protected. So by running my shop responsibly I am at no advantage because the irresponsible shops will be saved anyway. This will prolong the crash and encourage more irresponsible management
          …………..again, you are tracking correctly!
          Originally posted by Neck View Post
          One thing I am sure of is that we are not treating the disease, we are treating the symptoms. At some point we have got to cut wasteful spending, operate within a fixed budget, put America first and pay down this massive debt or we will go under. What are we supposed to do in the fall when the 2nd wave of this virus starts back up? Or in the following years when SARS-CoV-3 springs to life? Keep treating the symptoms? Keep treating the symptoms and we have essentially sealed our fate or at least our children's fate. I pray for our leaders because I would hate to have to call the shots. Lord knows I don't have all the answers.
          Yessir! The disease remains. It remains in the body and continues to metastasize. We continue to overlook the MRI, EKG, biopsy's, blood tests and financial lab reports. "Consumerism & consumer debt" at all costs will only make us weaker as a nation when that "credit call" comes from our debt holders. It is clear as acne on a teenagers face but WE have decided to overlook the disease & the cure.
          Originally posted by Charles View Post
          Not necessarily... This loan is only going to carry a business a short distance. Those with great a great amount of debt and high overhead still have a high probability of closing down.

Those that have low debt, low overhead and have cash on hand have a higher probability of coming out of this stronger in the long run. I'm counting on several of my competitors closing down allowing me to pick up their abandoned customers.
          Yes, I can agree to a point. But propping up a over leveraged entity with more taxpayer debt destroys the fabric of our nations sovereignty. As you noted they have a high probability of failure...….but the dollars given to them still has to be paid by the folks still in business. That means more taxes and God forbid hyper inflation.

THANK YOU SIR!!!!!! I was wondering when someone was gonna put this up. But more importantly...…….THIS IS A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, take a look at the paltry amount going to medical. Come on MAN? This type of crap is what starts conspiracy theories. Something is bad wrong in how the money is being dispersed.

Comment

Yall can call it a $2 trillion stimulus, its really $6 trillion, that looks like there is not much accountability on where the other $4 trillion ends up.

Trump administration economist Larry Kudlow said the package would include $4 trillion in lending power for the Federal Reserve as well as a $2 trillion aid package currently being hammered out by …

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

In every other "economic disaster " the workforce wasn't sequestered by law or other edict and allowed to go work and find work. That workforce plus govt intervention is what was traditionally thought of to defeat economic woes (I personally think govt intervention always stymies economic growth but whatever). In this situation 20T couldn't save this economy, minus the workforce, we are headed for big trouble. Can you imagine, a depression and all the able body workers sitting at home? Who will pay the electric l, water, grocery bill? Never mind the 401k, that's not the issue at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                In every other "economic disaster " the workforce wasn't sequestered by law or other edict and allowed to go work and find work. That workforce plus govt intervention is what was traditionally thought of to defeat economic woes (I personally think govt intervention always stymies economic growth but whatever). In this situation 20T couldn't save this economy, minus the workforce, we are headed for big trouble. Can you imagine, a depression and all the able body workers sitting at home? Who will pay the electric l, water, grocery bill? Never mind the 401k, that's not the issue at hand.
                I appreciate your clarity on the situation, and I agree. But no one will listen...

Everyone prefers to hide, rather than fight.

Comment

Thanks But if you followed what I was saying, it was just explaining to one individual what you just explained to me. I was also stating that "some"of the "other" moneys in the bill have a way of flowing down to individuals through other means and methods ie. keeping employment due to employer incentives (forgiven payroll loans) and expansion of UI benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                    The direction that the government is wanting you, me and the rest of the country is to NOT see this as an economic disaster, although it is definitely a side effect of this. They want us to see it as War. And yes, there were times in history that the government required a draft to provide soldiers to fight and also demanded companies retool, re-labor to make things needed to fight the war with.

This is what they are asking every american do right now, make sacrifices to fight a war, albeit a non conventional type of war. They are asking us to fight for out county by slowing down the spread, as well as asking private companies for help make products for war effort. I think some would see this differently if it was a physical war with another country, I admit it is hard to stomach this and see it in a way that we normally wouldn't even imagine.

I know some see it as the "flu", but I feel its very different, but hey, we all have our own opinions about things and to think that everyone is going to be on the same page is crazy. Look at what mardi-gras did to Louisiana, look at what spring break did to Florida. I am not a Dem, but the Texas dems that shut down the livestock show and so forth look like they made the right call to me about now

I had said it since "chinese" numbers stopping going up that one of two things happened.

1. Communist china stomped it in the butt by stomping on the chinese people and taking away what little rights they had to begin with and shutting down the country in a militarized way enforcing a ZERO tolerance policy of being out and about .

OR

2. THEY LIED.

How does the "point of origin" have less cases/deaths than other counties that had at least some kind of warning? I don't believe it, i don't believe anything out of china. They saw a "stigma" arising from this about not wanting chinese goods and such and therefore shut the faucet off on the real numbers in effort to stop their bleeding. I think we may eventually find out they they did shut things down in a militarized fashion and enforced a shelter in place policy that slowed their spread, but the deaths were actually 10's of thousands.

Again, you know what they say about opinions... this is just mine.

Comment

Hagen will give you his next fall, Tim.

Comment

It's frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                        X