X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loose lips, sink ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I get where panhandlehunter is coming from. Like a few in this thread I grew up fishing the area too. More people is just the way it is now, there's just too many dang people on the bay. Both in boats and from shore. If you have an actual secret spot or spot that produces that no one fishes, keep your mouth shut. Otherwise It will be ruined in a second. Any well known area is going to have a lot of people. The area posted above isn't exactly a secret.

I don't think having enough area or fish is the main issue that comes from crowding, it's the lack of or disregard for etiquette many people have out there. It really is sickening.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        I get where panhandlehunter is coming from. Like a few in this thread I grew up fishing the area too. More people is just the way it is now, there's just too many dang people on the bay. Both in boats and from shore. If you have an actual secret spot or spot that produces that no one fishes, keep your mouth shut. Otherwise It will be ruined in a second. Any well known area is going to have a lot of people. The area posted above isn't exactly a secret.

I don't think having enough area or fish is the main issue that comes from crowding, it's the lack of or disregard for etiquette many people have out there. It really is sickening.
        Well said, especially the etiquette part.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          I wanted to help the OP out as well, I sent him pics, and a detailed "how to" to fish that spot. I just did it in a pm, so I wasn't announcing it to everybody.
          Good job helping out the op. Believe me, I try to keep all the honey holes a secret. Hated to post it public, just couldn't attach the photo to a pm. Just take how u feel about me posting that online and multiply it by 100, That's how mad my friend Shane will be if he ever saw this thread.

Comment

Lol,,, no comment!!!

Comment

Wonder if he caught anything?

Comment

Went down yesterday and had quite an eventful day shooting the aerial photos and videos needed for the property. Didn’t have much time to fish or head to oyster lake but did catch an abundance of gaftop and a couple stingrays just messing around from shore with shrimp. Biggest gaftop was about 22 inches

Comment

Funny thread

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                    Funny thread
                    The best part is the word was out on this spot over 15 years ago. It's not like it was this guys secret spot. If you really want to be adventurous, launch your john boat and go to that rig with the sicken barge right there. Good luck fishing all.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      I'm not saying that they're going to catch all the fish, I'm saying there's a small piece of real estate to fish that can't hold more than 3-4 people, so you show up to fish and There's no place for you to fish. It's too crowded. I grew up fishing there, I went to high school at Tidehaven, used to drag my jon boat to school and fish there after school. It used to be a great place to fish, it's. It's not that way anymore. Go there on a Saturday and tell me if it's the way you remembered it. It happens, such is life, but if people wouldn't spread the world on social media it wouldn't be so bad.

Curious? How did you learn about the place?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NaClH2O_therapy View Post
                        Good job helping out the op. Believe me, I try to keep all the honey holes a secret. Hated to post it public, just couldn't attach the photo to a pm. Just take how u feel about me posting that online and multiply it by 100, That's how mad my friend Shane will be if he ever saw this thread.
                        Oh you’re THAT friend

Comment

Originally posted by Speck View Post
                          The best part is the word was out on this spot over 15 years ago. It's not like it was this guys secret spot. If you really want to be adventurous, launch your john boat and go to that rig with the sicken barge right there. Good luck fishing all.

Shhhh. Don’t tell everyone about the super secret barge [emoji16].

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            Loose lips, sink ships.

Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                              Shhhh. Don’t tell everyone about the super secret barge [emoji16].

The secret one I'm pretty sure I saw in a pic on turner boat works website😩

Comment

Working...
                              X