X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pushing 130!

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
      One can't argue with Tshelly. Here's to hoping this buck stays on Justin's protein for the next 12 months, gains some mass then chases a hot doe by me [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      You know, of all the people.... I wouldnt mind(as much! Lol) him chasing a hot doe by you!

Comment

What's he score

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
        One can't argue with Tshelly. Here's to hoping this buck stays on Justin's protein for the next 12 months, gains some mass then chases a hot doe by me [emoji12]

Lol you know the saying... if I had a nickel for every time I scored a deer WronG I'd be a rich man!!!!!

Lots of trial an error, looking at thousands of photos. To me what helped me the most is when I started using the ears and the length of the muzzle. I use 5.5" from tip of the ear to where it attaches to the head and I'll use 7.5" from tip of the eye to the end of the nose.. this is on mature bucks though. Scale it back accordingly on a younger deer. Beams are never as long as you think unless they come up off the head before wrapping around and mass is definitely the hardest to judge. Always judge it more conservatively than you think.... and you'll still miss deer by a good bit sometimes like I still do. We misjudged the deer I killed last year bc of his mass.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
          You know, of all the people.... I wouldnt mind(as much! Lol) him chasing a hot doe by you!

Lol, I appreciate it buddy but don't think I could shoot your deer. Now my wife might be a different story!

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
            Lol you know the saying... if I had a nickel for every time I scored a deer WronG I'd be a rich man!!!!!

Lots of trial an error, looking at thousands of photos. To me what helped me the most is when I started using the ears and the length of the muzzle. I use 5.5" from tip of the ear to where it attaches to the head and I'll use 7.5" from tip of the eye to the end of the nose.. this is on mature bucks though. Scale it back accordingly on a younger deer. Beams are never as long as you think unless they come up off the head before wrapping around and mass is definitely the hardest to judge. Always judge it more conservatively than you think.... and you'll still miss deer by a good bit sometimes like I still do. We misjudged the deer I killed last year bc of his mass.

Glad you brought that up, I was thinking about starting a thread asking the average ear length of east Tx mature bucks ears, now I know. [emoji106]

Comment

Velvet pics are tough to judge but rubbed out I think his 2s are probably 10 tops. I think he's in the low 20s.

Here is an 8 for reference with a 12 and a 14 inch 2. He scored 142.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1707.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	24511121

Comment

Working...
              X