Sportsmans Devotion 2/25/2015 Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sportsmans Devotion 2/25/2015 Wednesday

Today's Photograph . . . . Until You Hit The Ground (Jim C)

Bible Study Verse
    I Corinthians 3:16
    Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in your midst?
    (NIV)

Thoughts
    Wow, this verse can apply to me at times as well as so many people. Re-read that verse! Just when you think so highly of yourself that you have got it all together, I bet there is just one thread to pull and it can unravel. I know that has happened to me.

Pride is a horrible thing. It lifts you up on a very unstable platform. You will find that out when the winds of truth blow. Nothing from a fall hurts, until you hit the ground.

Action Point
    When I write these, I pick a verse, or God picks the verse and away I go. I am really surprised at times when I get an e-mail, start reading on, and then realize I wrote it. At times it does not seem like me, because it is not!

I have learned from friends and my wife, that if you build yourself up to much, there are plenty of people who can tear you down. Be grateful for all and humble in thanks. For it could have easily gone the other way.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
    Know the difference in your fishing lines. Monofilament is made up of mostly water, has a lot stretch and will float. It is also the line you need to change the most as it is easily weakened by prolonged exposure to direct sunlight Fluorocarbon line, reflects light, it sinks and is also less affected by weather.

Amen. Thanks Tim.

Comment

nice

Comment

Thank you.

A nice reminder to keep the pride in check and to not think of ourselves more highly than we should.

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Amen! Thank you.

Comment

Thank you, Tim

Comment

Working...
              X