Box Blind Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Box Blind Question

Is a 4x5 big enuff for two to hunt out of? Father/son or father/daughter?

4 x 6 is better....but with 4 x 5 you can make it work if everyone can stay in their seat.

Comment

how big are the kiddos and the chairs you're planning to use?
      Gun hunting or bow?

Comment

It's too small IMO

Comment

I'm building a 4x5. IMO, it's plenty big for 2 people gun hunting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

kids are 7 and 14, gun hunting only, would prefer office type chairs but not set on them.

Comment

It will get tight, but it can be done. Probably not room for lots of stuff and two office chairs, but if that is the size you have, then go for it. If you are going to build one and have the option to make it bigger, then I would. At least 5x5, 6x6 would be even better.

Comment

My father and I are decently sized guys and we hunted together out of a 4x4 for many many years. With squirmy children, you may need a little bigger. If I was building one for two people only, I would probably go with 6x5 for comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                  kids are 7 and 14, gun hunting only, would prefer office type chairs but not set on them.
                  One of my gun blinds is 4x5
                  You might could swing it with one office chair and one smaller folding chair.
                  Don't think you'd be able to do two of them though.
                  Be better with two smaller type folding chairs.

Comment

My wife and I hunted a few times in a 4x5 last year and it's pretty cramped in there.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                      One of my gun blinds is 4x5
                      You might could swing it with one office chair and one smaller folding chair.
                      Don't think you'd be able to do two of them though.
                      Be better with two smaller type folding chairs.
                      Our situation had one office chair and a smaller chair. We had room to sit ok but if she needed to move to make any shot other than straight on it would've been a chore. Two smaller chairs might have made it a little more roomier

Comment

4x6 at the absolute minimum. Although I did get my first 5x8 last year and will never buy one any smaller than that from now on, and I hunt by myself most of the time.

Comment

Go bigger if you can . Better to be comfortable y'all will want to hunt more and stay longer. Nice to have room for a heater when it gets cold and places for backpacks and the like .

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I want a office chair so I can sleep while they are the lookout

Comment

thanks for yalls help. building one right now that's 4x7, but needing another one too. just don't have time to build another.

Comment

Working...
                              X