No announcement yet.

How to wake up better?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people just aren’t morning people.....

I’m lucky that my first obligation every day is usually around 9 or 10.

That being said, sleep difficulties are often linked to depression.

Comment

Some people just aren't morning people. I'm in that group. Once my motor is running great, but it's tough to get it started. Others just pop right up in the morning.

The main thing that helps me is dinner - eat earlier and less.

I also used to have problems when I would work out hard in the evening. Not only did it pump me up and keep me awake later into the night, it made me eat later and more.

If possible, try working out in the morning instead of the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        A lot of trouble? Compared to say waking up every day for the rest of your life feeling like crap? Seems like very little trouble to possibly find out you can make it better. Either you want to or you don't.

It certainly changed my life...
        I'm right there with you.

Comment

In college I never took a class before noon, because I couldnt wake up for it. Now I dont set an alarm, ever, and wake up in about a 30 minute window each morning, usually even on the weekends. Between my bowels and my hungry dog, I wake up just fine and it is more pleasant to me to not be woken up, but wake up.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
            If the wife is so chipper, have her execute the ole rub n tug. I'm betting you wake up pretty happy about the day ahead.
            This would just make me go back to sleep!

A line of blow on the bedside table should do the trick!

Comment

When I get home I will have at least 32 ozs with supper. I try to get in bed by 9 and end up getting up a couple of times to pee.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure we found your problem..... I am a morning person but then again I very seldom wake up in the middle of the night to pee. You will probably never be a morning person but you should sleep the the night and not feel exhausted especially with your workout routine.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                A lot of trouble? Compared to say waking up every day for the rest of your life feeling like crap? Seems like very little trouble to possibly find out you can make it better. Either you want to or you don't.

It certainly changed my life...
                Define changed my life. I assume you had sleep apnea, got a cpap, and now feel much better.

I may misunderstand sleep apnea but I think I would be tired/sleepy during the day. I am not. I am the happiest when I am busy. Sitting still is not for me. I never feel the need for a nap.

I do not snore or have any other symptoms of sleep apnea besides being tired when I wake up. I admittedly know little about sleep studies but I can't see them offering me much of a solution besides meds. I have zero interest in a prescription.

I feel like it all ties back to caffeine dependency for me.

Comment

I am not a morning person either, therefore i work swing shift and get up when im ready.
                  But get the sleep study, i dont think you are getting rem sleep.

Comment

I’m a morning person so I’m not really much help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Serious Question... Do you love your Job?

Comment

I'm thinking either sleep apnea or too much energy drinks during the day. A sleep study will tell you a lot. a little hint: when I scheduled my sleep study, a guy from my insurance called me and asked me a few questions. one question was: Do you fall asleep when stopped at redlights while driving? I laughed and said NO. I ended up having to pay for the sleep study. They (insurance) said my condition wasnt serious enough. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Not sleeping well really has a lot of negative effects on the body.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                          Serious Question... Do you love your Job?
                          I don't love it but I don't dread it. It's a great job. Like I said, I feel the same when the alarm goes off to go hunting.

Comment

I'm no help, as I'm the definition of a morning person. My wife thinks I'm crazy as hell, as on weekends I can't sleep past 6 because I'm so excited to get my day going. I pop right out of bed in the morning on week days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody have a sleep study done, who was not diagnosed with sleep apnea, that had their situation improved with a method besides pills?

Comment

Have a few kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X