Sweet and spicy backstrap wraps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet and spicy backstrap wraps

Take a backstrap and slice into pieces 3/8"-1/2" thick. Marinade in Dales steak seasoning for about an hour (this stuff is good, I use it on a lot of things). Sprinkle with garlic salt. Cut jalapenos in half removing stems and seeds and fill with cream cheese.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	24725336

Place jalapeno in meat and wrap with maple flavored bacon. Put on grill and about half way through drizzle or baste with maple syrup. Turn over and baste again with syrup. Cook until bacon is done. This ends up with a great combination taste of sweet, salty, and spicy. You can also substitutte dove breasts for the backstrap and is where this recipe got it's start....Enjoy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	bs1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	24725337

Man that looks good.....gonna have to give it a whirl! Thanks!

Comment

Those are awesome. A delacacy around our house.

Comment

I shouldn't have looked at that just before lunch! Going to give it a try this weekend - thanks!

Comment

HEB has a Blackforest Bacon that gives you the same effect. The bacon is awsome!

Comment

Just how did you get the peppers in the meat?

Comment

were does the Cold Miller Lite come into play. ooohhhhh, I know. He He He

Comment

You lay the deer meat on the pepper and cream cheese, then wrap the combo with the bacon.

Comment

We just got done eating this recipe. We made a couple of modifications. First, we used a big chunk of backstrap about 3/4 inch thick and 6 inches long. We marinaded them according to the recipe, then covered them in 8 half slices of cream cheese stuffed jalapenos and wrapped the entire chunk in bacon. We used meat twine to hold it all together and grilled it pouring maple syrup generously.

My impressions after the deer steaks have had a little time to settle: ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! If we had been thinking this through, we wouldn't have grilled 30 cream cheese stuffed jalapenos while we were doing these. I'm making sure that there are no obstructions between me and the bathroom right now since the 20 or so jalapenos are starting to do cartwheels in my stomach. Otherwise we both agreed that this is probably the best deer recipe we've tried.

Thanks Richard M. for sharing this recipe.

Comment

Glad you liked it.

Comment

Nice work Moser!

Might have to wrap some up in young county this evenin!

Comment

I am starving after reading this post!

Comment

Mouth is watering. Thanks for the recipe.

Comment

Had these the other night. Very good! The only cream cheese I had was honey nut flavored. I wasn't too sure about it, but they turned out pretty tasty!

Comment

Thanks again. I tried it tonight for dinner and got the thumbs up. Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X