Question about public land hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about public land hunting

I have found some land that is owned by the County I live in. I went to the "tax collector and real estate look-up" and found the land is owned by MECKLENBURG County. Since it isn't private land...can't I bow hunt this? Who would I need to get permission from? Who would I contact to find out who I need permission from? Do I need permission at all??

Thanks,
    Larry

I am no authority, but I would bet a month's pay that county owned does NOT mean free public hunting access. For an official answer you could probably call the county tax assessor's office, or your local GW.

Comment

i had a customer come in to the store here in Midlothian this morning and he told me that he talked to a guy that took a big 12 point somewhere around Bardwell on opening day . i haven't heard from anyone else but this guy is not one to lie about things ?
      my understanding is that you can only hunt ducks, dove, and hogs at Bardwell. i do know that several employees at the power plant on 287 are said to have seen several deer on the power plant property.

Comment

If its owned by the state its different and it falls under GLO jurisdiction. .. call Austin glo and ask them
        otherwise if it is not in the public book then it is not legal likely

Comment

If it's in a county that allows hunting,owned by the state and is not fenced off and dousnt have purple paint on trees or posted signs hunt it.

Comment

That's why we pay game wardens. Call them and let them do their job. If they don't know, then call the county judge's office and ask.

Comment

Working...
            X