Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halon 5 Lost Camo OT

[ATTACH]770447[/ATTACH]

Ordered this thing the day they were announced and got the call today that it was in. Considering it is a leftie, Halon 5, and Lost Camo OT I was expecting to wait much longer but 2 months was still painful.

Rigged it out with a Spot Hogg Hogg It 7 pin...top 2 pins are 19s and bottom 5 are 10s. QAD drop away and Axion stabilizer. 70 lbs, 29" draw, with 75% let off.

Only arrows I had with me were Easton Axis 260 spine but the bow stacked them on top of each other. Compared to my M6 this thing is buttery smooth. 70lb bow felt more like pulling 60. Going to run it over the chrono tomorrow evening if I get a chance.

Haven't decided on arrows yet but I am going to chrono and shoot what I have laying around. Here is what I plan to test:

Easton FMJ 300 spine with standard HIT inserts
    Easton FMJ 300 spine with 75gr brass inserts
    Easton Axis 260 with standard and brass HIT inserts
    Axis 300 with standard HIT inserts
    Easton ACC Hunting 300 spine

Will post some numbers when I test it.
    Last edited by Closetohome; 01-25-2016, 07:35 PM.

Sweet, I just got in my Halon6 in a lefty as well and love it. I am shooting the 300 spine gold tip xt hunters with blazors and nocturnal lighted nocks and got 296 out of mine on the chrono. I wish I knew how to post up pics of my new rig. I rigged mine out with the accutouch carbon slider single pin and I am dialed in out to 60.

Comment

Sweet looking rig, let us see some numbers when you get a chance.

Comment

Nice setup.

Comment

Weather didn't cooperate so my chronograph would only read about every 7th or 8th arrow sent through it but I was able to get readings on 4 different arrows and it gave me a good idea of what the bow is capable of. Overall I am really pleased and this thing has a great balance of speed with manners, KE, and arrow momentum.

Easton Axis 300 spine 10.7gpi @ 29.8" - standard HIT insert - 461gr - 296.70 fps

Easton Axis 260 spine 11.7gpi @ 29.5" - standard HIT insert - 493gr - 292.30 fps

Easton FMJ 300 spine 12.0gpi @ 30.0" - standard HIT insert - 505gr - 284.8 fps

Easton Axis 260 spine 11.7gpi @ 29.5" - w 75gr Brass HIT insert - 15-16% FOC- 539gr - 277.6 fps

If I can get the 260's with the brass inserts to tune right I think I found my hunting arrow. They hit like a freight train. Going to do some more shooting this weekend and see how they perform.
          Last edited by Closetohome; 01-26-2016, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Nice bow

Comment

Great looking bow. How much did it set you back?

Comment

Originally posted by billyblanks View Post
                Great looking bow. How much did it set you back?
                $1k

Comment

Really sharp.

Comment

sexy piece of gear mate

Comment

that's freakin sweet lookin. I got the halon 6, lefty in camo. love the bow.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The momentum on that last arrow is amazing, hope you can get them tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by SharpStix View Post
                          The momentum on that last arrow is amazing, hope you can get them tuned.
                          They tuned perfectly. They are spined just right with the inserts and hit like a sledgehammer. Spent a good part of a few minutes the other day trying to remove them from my Rinehart.

Swapped back to 85% mods and just playing around with a few stabilizer options to get the balance perfect. Hoping to shoot some longer ranges this weekend but I am very pleased so far.

Comment

Nice rig! Did you shoot the 6 as well and if so why the 5? I'm in the market and trying to find some time to test drive. As a lefty they are hard to find (last I checked CCR had a 6).

Comment

Originally posted by MikeTCU View Post
                              Nice rig! Did you shoot the 6 as well and if so why the 5? I'm in the market and trying to find some time to test drive. As a lefty they are hard to find (last I checked CCR had a 6).
                              I drew a RH demo 6 the day they came out just to get an idea on the draw cycle. That's the bad part about being a lefty is generally a longer wait.

I have both 5 and 6 inch brace height bows and shoot them both comfortably so I wasn't as worried about the brace height and ordered the 5. I hunt a lot out West and have a bighorn sheep hunt scheduled in November so I migrate towards speed bows...not necessarily for IBO as my bows will never see 345 or 353 fps but because I like heavier arrows with flatter trajectory. Makes for a pretty devastating combo. If the bow was for tree stand hunting in Texas out to 40 yards I would have got a Halon 6 in 60lbs and been just as happy.

Comment

Working...
                              X