Texas Federation ASA Qualifier at Abilene Bowhunters April 16 & 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Federation ASA Qualifier at Abilene Bowhunters April 16 & 17

The Texas ASA Federation Tournament Trail is headed to the "Big Country" !!!

Abilene Bowhunters is hosting our next West region ASA Qualifier this weekend April 16 & 17 at Abilene's beautiful range in Buffalo Gap, Texas.

10:00 am shotgun start on both Saturday and Sunday, You may shoot either day, 30 McKenzie targets, $30.00 entry fee for all adult classes, $16.00 entry fee for young adult and youth classes, $5.00 entry fee for all eagle classes. Cash pay backs for all adult classes, non cash awards for young adult and youth classes. Awards will be presented at approximately 4:00 pm on Sunday. ASA and Texas ASA rules apply and will be enforced.

Here are the known distance classes, unknown distances classes, and 1/2 known and 1/2 unknown classes for 2011.

Bow Novice and Women's Hunter will now be ALL KNOWN distance.

Men's Open, Senior Open, Super Senior, Master Senior, Unlimited, Limited and Women's Open will be all UNKNOWN distance.

Open B, Open C, Men's Hunter, Women's Senior, Young Adult, Youth Boys, Youth Girls, Traditional, Women's Traditional, and All Eagle classes with be 1/2 Known Distance and 1/2 Unknown Distance.

If you are in a KNOWN distance class or a 1/2 known and 1/2 unknown class you MUST have a range finder. If you do not have a range finder we will assign you to a group that has a range finder. Yardage sheets will be supplied to shooters that shoot from the Yellow, Green and Orange stakes ONLY.

For a complete schedule, rules, club links and more go to the Texas ASA Federation website at:

Abilene has a long history of hosting major archery events. The terrain at Abilene can produce some very challenging shots. There are many ravines, ditches and small mountains to shoot thru, across and over. The cedars and oaks create a lot of shadows to make it really interesting. You don't want to miss this one !!!!

And remember.....

We Are the Next Best Thing to a Pro/Am.

I have already had two calls on this one. One from New Mexico and one from the Panhandle. Should be a great shoot !!!!

Comment

Luke and I will be there Sunday!! Can't wait!!

Comment

Outstanding Mike.

The ABA members have really stepped up and knocked all the hard work out.

On a side note, we will have a 10-15 target practice range available for $5. Also going to set up a 5 target shoot-down round on Sunday while waiting on scores.

Comment

We have a crew coming...probably Sunday for most us Looking forward to this one.

I forgot to make a special request of "no up or down hill shots" of any kind. I hope somebody read my mind Lol.

Comment

when will trad shoot on both days

Comment

Trad can shoot at 7:30 or 10:00 with everyone else at ALL Texas ASA shoots.

Comment

Love shoot'n Abilene. Be there Sunday.

Comment

Grandsons first Birthday is on Sat, so i will be headed down to Abilene on Sunday.

Congrats on Paris Mike, couldn't of happened to a better man.....

Comment

See you guys sunday morning...sometime.

Comment

Finally, one that's close to home. Hope to see everyone come out to shoot...

Comment

Looking forward to it Mark. I really enjoy shooting ya'lls range even though it usually kicks me around a little ( ok alot)

Comment

I will be there EARLY on saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar63 View Post
                            Grandsons first Birthday is on Sat, so i will be headed down to Abilene on Sunday.

Congrats on Paris Mike, couldn't of happened to a better man.....
                            Good Deal Jack !!!

Thank You. I had a good weekend.

Abilene is one of my favorite ranges. This will be a great shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post

Abilene is one of my favorite ranges. This will be a great shoot.
                              I agree.
                              I love to shoot there.
                              See y'all Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                              X