back from chambers/sons place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back from chambers/sons place

Me and a few buddies of mine(lippy,freerhunter and gabe g.) went to Chmbers sons place which is the one not advertised(about 300 acres) in Sabinal about 2 weeks ago to hunt some hogs. I have mixed feelings about this place. I got to shoot a small pig(about 50-60lbs) so I was a little more satisfied thn my buddies. The first night we all saw pigs and I got busted twice. The first time I got busted was as soon as I turned my hawg lite o and the 2nd Igot to greedy and got to close and busted myself. Lippy shot a pig the 1st night but we never recoverd him, but had fun chasing hm with dogs. As far as lodging oes it was nothing fancy.(forgot to add that as soon as we got there the tracking dog ran up and peed all over my hunting bag...TWICE). As far as our blinds go..we drove in the truck and our guide(owners son) gave us a chair and said "go sit in those bushes" I convinced him to pu up a tree stand for me the next day nd thats when i shot my pig(the one in my avatar). We made the best of it but I probably wont be going back...but they do have pigs and alot of axis deer.

I left the same ranch last year with a bad attitude

Comment

What are the axis deer hunts going for if he hunts them? How do you contact him?

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
        What are the axis deer hunts going for if he hunts them? How do you contact him?
        They do hunt them.....Im not sure what the bucks are going for but the does are 50 bucks, we were going to try and shoot 1 but giving our "blind situation" we decided not to. Although Lippy had about 15 axis right in front of him at night. We drove around at night and saw several nice bucks. We would corn the roads and not even 5 min. later they were already out there. To contact them I would go to the chambers web site and get Maurice Chambers number and just ask him about his sons place. good luck

Comment

Dang 50 bucks for doe is a great price.....

Comment

whats there website address?

Comment

Working...
            X