No announcement yet.

Modesitt Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers sent..I was praying for them yday as I drove back from that way...looks really scary...

Comment

Prayers sent out from Taz and myself. Donna Hughes, David's widow is also having to evacuate. Keep them all in your hands God.

Comment

Just saw a story on Fox news, via Palo Pinto...

Prayers for all out there.

Comment

Good luck hopefully it will miss you

Comment

Heard from Peyton today and they are getting some much need RAIN!!!

Comment

dang wish it would rain here, dont even remember what it looks like!! I got my dozers on a 7000acre fire in Tyler co right now. Glad they are getting some relief.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkie View Post
                Heard from Peyton today and they are getting some much need RAIN!!!
                Amen!!! That is awesome!!

Comment

Talked with Phill and they might be going home this evening.

Comment

Please allow me to extend Sincere Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers!! There are so many good people that we have in the archery family!!

We are back home this evening. Not to ramble, but we (and many many others) are by no means safe. There is still very little containment. The rain was only a sprinkle and seems to be gone. When we got back to the ranch house we drove around on our property, and the US Forrest Service has contracted with private firms to cut fire guards. They had two Cat D-6's and 2 JD 750-J dozers cutting a fire guard about 125 feet wide (huge!) They also had maintainer's (graders) in there pulling burms on the road sides. They told us that they were trying to cut a wedge to contain the fire if the wind changes direction again. Right now the wind is out of the south and blowing the fire away from us. We tried to go to our house at PK but the DPS are still not allowing us in. We think it is ok as well.

When we got back to the ranch house, we saw a huge explosion (gas well??) and big fire ball in the sky. Still lots of fire close.

Anyway, we are safe and back in our house for now. Its hard to get a good nights rest though. Please continue keep the boys in your thoughts and prayers. Its harder for them to cope emotionally with this stress.

These fires are big, bad, and fast moving. Joe said that the one that threatened us Tuesday was moving at 15 miles per hour. Does not sound like much until you stop to think that a FIRE is burning its way across the land at a rate of almost 4 miles every 15 minutes. Wow.

Please continue to pray for the firefighters, for those that have already lost so much, and for those that have been injured or lost their life.

Thanks!!
                    Phil

Comment

We will keep yall in are thoughts and prayers...I can't imagine how scary it is out there....god bless..... Marlon and Luke....

Comment

PM sent Phill

Comment

Working...
                        X