Feral or FFA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casey View Post
    I know it's feral. It's just the most docile, cow acting feral pig I've ever seen. It's coloration just makes it look "pettish". This pig will die soon enough regardless. We also have several spotted pigs of various colors that need to take a dirt nap as well.

Feeder is just a toss up to see what is coming in as we are on a new lease. It'll have a feed pen around it soon enough. Cows haven't knocked it over in the 2 months it has been up, though.
    We have deer and hogs that will graze in among our cattle from time to time. Sometimes they'll even come out and eat cubes with them in cold weather.

Comment

Feral, have a lot where I hunt.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thats 50% my ferals look like....I call them Oreos. 100% feral

Comment

Here some little black/white ones and a pic of a big variety from my game cam card. Just checked it this morning.
          Attached Files

Comment

I see a wild pig that will eat well

Comment

Originally posted by 2germans View Post
              his tail looks docked- be interested to see if his needle teeth were clipped. Granted he has lost his baby teeth yet and doesn't look that old (should happen around 15 months or so if i recall my swine class about 9 years ago.)

had a hamp stroll by in wood county one time with his state validation tag in his ear.
              i dont see any ear notchings to indicate litter or birth number so i dont think its a sow hog more or less like others have said prolly second gen feral or someone had some nice hogs and then brought in some feral hogs for breeding ( why someone would do that beats me ) but realized quality isnt there and let them go or some escaped..

Shootem

Comment

No LDP yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                  No LDP yet?
                  I was able to "stalk" to within 4 yards of this pig yesterday. I did not have my bow. I think I'll let one of the kids do the honors.

Comment

Looks a little Hampy to me. May 2nd or 3rd gen out from the farm. DRT...

Comment

Have them all patterns of white and black.
                      Attached Files

Comment

ears give it a way....feral. domestic pigs have big floppy ears and a shorter nose

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Newell View Post
                          That thing is definitely domestic. Can't imagine a wild hog mingling with cattle anyway.
                          Broad daylight, naa!
                          Not true.

I have killed over 100 hogs this year and can't tell you how many have been with the cows.

Last weekend a group of 25 was mixed n with cows. We shot 6 only because too many cows around

Comment

I see smoke rolling out the BBQ pit in the near future. Good luck

Comment

Fire up the smoker, it is pulled pork time!!

Comment

Working...
                              X