Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
    You lived in a ruthless house!

He's already said that he wants to save his raingutter regatta boats and his pinewood derby cars. I'll build a small shelf, for each year's stuff, to hang in his room. When he decides he doesn't want it anymore (which won't happen because he's a pack rat), I'll box them up and store them for whenever he decides he wants them back.

I only did one pinewood derby, and my car was the ugliest one there ... I wish I still had it to show him.
    On the rain gutter boat, the hole for the mast is too far forward. Re-drill a hole about an inch further back and plug the old hole. Your welcome.

Comment

Congrats to you and your boy.
      Those pics are great.

My Father-in-law, my boys and I built a few.
      3 generations working together to build a boy the fastest car his family can.
      Then the boy gets to race it.
      What's not to love about that?

My FIL is a retired engineer.
      We'd design and build the cars over Thanksgiving and Christmas break.
      My boys testing his patience while he tried to pass on wisps of physics and aerodynamics to his grandsons.

Our pack was glad to see us go.
      Here's our stable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pinewood-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	24605714

Click image for larger version

Name:	pinewood-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	24605715

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
        On the rain gutter boat, the hole for the mast is too far forward. Re-drill a hole about an inch further back and plug the old hole. Your welcome.
        I'll definitely try that!

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
        It's crazy now, you can actually buy a winning design car online. Weak....

https://www.amazon.com/Pinewood-Derb...4-3e7a9c0027d0
        I've seen some that were in the $200 range. It's hard to believe that soneone would actually buy a pre-made car for a race.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
          Congrats to you and your boy.
          Those pics are great.

My Father-in-law, my boys and I built a few.
          3 generations working together to build a boy the fastest car his family can.
          Then the boy gets to race it.
          What's not to love about that?

My FIL is a retired engineer.
          We'd design and build the cars over Thanksgiving and Christmas break.
          My boys testing his patience while he tried to pass on wisps of physics and aerodynamics to his grandsons.

Our pack was glad to see us go.
          Here's our stable.

[ATTACH]989751[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]989752[/ATTACH]
          I love that notched and wired front end!
          Do you think it gained you any speed?
          Which design was the fastest for you?

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
            Wow, great job reading every thing. Way to pick and choose. He clarified there is a weigh in. He mentioned about how cars were being made the morning of the race. No mention of weigh in/check in. As a young boy and now present day I have never seen a pinewood derby without a night before check in. This helps avoid any cheating which takes away from the whole thing.. I didn't get the whole story and he clarified and I congratulated him. I guess you can't forgive Kobe and his mistakes either. Sorry you are so narrow minded. Have a wow of a day.

I read everyone of your posts... All negative... Yea you congratulated him AFTER he posted something that met your standards... You are another one of the internet heroes that Curt was talking about in his Opinion thread...
            Don't know why you feel the need to post such drivel on a very good thread that is otherwise a great testimony of a great father/son outing...
            You even mentioned in one of your drivelings you were in the BSA... You OBVIOUSLY didn't learn much about character and respect when you were there.

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Working...
              X