Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many questionable deaths in your neighborhood is too many?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
    Lots of Indian artifacts were found in that area too. The stuff they dug up along Cypress Creek where the Compaq/HP Center is located was amazing. I would imagine the headwaters of Willow Creek there saw a lot of Indian activity too.

All that spooky stuff aside, I would believe that over prescribed antidepressants are more likely to blame for the murders and suicides. You know, the ones that come with a warning "may cause suicidal or violent thoughts".
    This^^^

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
      Man, does anyone know what the lake used to be called? From that map we are in the non surveyed area.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
      I don't think it had a name, just another of many prairie potholes that used to be covered in ducks back in the 70's. Back when 249 was a 2 lane road (FM 149) most of that land was prairie and cornfields. In December it held geese as far as you could see.

Some old maps that show it here:

Comment

Lots of Indian artifacts were found in that area too. The stuff they dug up along Cypress Creek where the Compaq/HP Center is located was amazing. I would imagine the headwaters of Willow Creek there saw a lot of Indian activity too.

All that spooky stuff aside, I would believe that over prescribed antidepressants are more likely to blame for the murders and suicides. You know, the ones that come with a warning "may cause suicidal or violent thoughts".
        Everything aside, I agree with you that this is just coincidence. My wife, not so convinced. Evil lives around all of us at all times. It flourishes were good men do nothing. I thank you for the history that I will not be showing my wife! The page you linked too is news to me. I really do appreciate it.

Comment

I don't think it had a name, just another of many prairie potholes that used to be covered in ducks back in the 70's. Back when 249 was a 2 lane road (FM 149) most of that land was prairie and cornfields. In December it held geese as far as you could see.

Some old maps that show it here:

https://www.historicaerials.com/
          Thanks, I grew up between jones and perry on louedd. Back then we had 10 lots and an airstrip before tallowood and woodege were even a thought.

Comment

Thanks, I grew up between jones and perry on louedd. Back then we had 10 lots and an airstrip before tallowood and woodege were even a thought.

You're most welcome. Hard to believe how that whole area has changed in the past 30 years. Glad I got to see it as it was.

Comment

Since it appears that we can take one killer off the table since the methods are changing and the killer was shot dead, we are basically left with paranormal activity or a curse...

So....no, don't sell your house.

Lol

Comment

You're most welcome. Hard to believe how that whole area has changed in the past 30 years. Glad I got to see it as it was.
                I agree, my grandfather used to take my dad and uncle up from that grass strip to skydive over the cow fields that are now neighborhoods. We still own 4 acres over there. Times have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  Any of them have connections to the Clintons?
                  Poor taste. Not funny

Comment

I once read that most people die in their homes or within 5 miles of it.

That's why I moved. Can't be too careful these days.

Comment

If you all are living on top of a cemetery that would explain everything

Comment

I will start by saying that we live in a higher end gated neighborhood. Some of you live very close. In the last 4 years we have had a double homicide, followed by a neighbor dying at night with no clear cause (36 yo) and today two dead from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning - evidently from a running car in the garage. My wife is ready to move thinking this place has bad ju ju. I am actually feeling she may be right. We lived in an adjacent neighborhood for 8 years, no crazy stuff going on. I have to think our little gated section is ranking off the charts at this point. Any crazy stuff in y'alls hoods like this?

A few years ago we lived in a little neighborhood and a little old lady next door named Jean passed away. Apparently she was deceased for about 3 days before her kids found her. I had a gut feeling something wasn’t right, but we had only been there a few months.

Fast forward a year and we bought a new house. Our next door neighbors name is Jean and our neighbor across the streets name is Jean! I told my wife I didn’t like the sound of that. We got to know outlet neighbors after we got settled in over the next few months and we had mentioned Ms Jean from our previous neighborhood jokingly. I’ll be ****ed, Mrs. Jean across the street passed away back in the spring last year. Her husband followed a few months later. Now we have Ms Jean next door left. I told my wife we needed to get out of here before something happens to her and will be checking names of neighbors before purchasing another home!
                        Last edited by Sleepy; 02-11-2018, 12:37 AM.

Comment

My next door neighbor sucked down 14 bottles of prescription medications. Other neighbor died in his sleep (50 years old)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I will start by saying that we live in a higher end gated neighborhood. Some of you live very close. In the last 4 years we have had a double homicide, followed by a neighbor dying at night with no clear cause (36 yo) and today two dead from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning - evidently from a running car in the garage. My wife is ready to move thinking this place has bad ju ju. I am actually feeling she may be right. We lived in an adjacent neighborhood for 8 years, no crazy stuff going on. I have to think our little gated section is ranking off the charts at this point. Any crazy stuff in y'alls hoods like this?

Yawn....

Buy a house in a neighborhood that was built in 1950. Almost everyone we knew 15 years ago is gone. Even their 50 and 60 year old kids have passed. The sibling that got the money from the sale of this house died 7 years ago.

Drive by shootings - kidnappings - home invasions - etc - are a problem.
                            Folks passing is normal.
                            Three houses west of us had a baby a year back. She is a cutie and the future of our hood......

Comment

I have often thought the same about my area, especially as it relates to the number of deaths of young people for such a small population (some of which were quite strange). I have some opinions on why that are likely not advisable in public, but the thought that the area could be "cursed" or have "bad ju ju" as you say has also crossed my mind. I wonder if any of the other Tarkington TBHers have thought this?

Comment

I live in Porter where it’s safe. The only thing people are going to die of in this neighborhood is stupidity.

The Nextdoor app lets me know just how stupid people are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X