Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 02-14-2018, 08:59 AM   #151
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen View Post
Question for some of you guys: If LE was there and did nothing and we had 20 laying dead now would you be happy with the results? What should they have done. Your opinions?
I'll play. What if LE wasn't there, and there was no shooting? Considering there are multiple meetings every year, and nothing like this has ever happened, is my statement really that unbelievable?
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 09:21 AM   #152
glen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: anywhere

Not being there is not an option for LE. If that was the case LE would only goto the situations they wanted to. LE had intel that violence was going to take place both from internal and external sources. This is something I do know first hand. Multiple agencies and multiple CIs. The option of putting them on an island and letting them have a cage fight is not an option for LE. I do agree there are multiple meetings every year all over Texas. LE is aware and monitor. This meeting required a high visibility large LE response because of acquired intel.

Last edited by glen; 02-14-2018 at 09:32 AM.
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 09:38 AM   #153
Ironman
Pope & Young

There is always rumors about conflict when rival clubs are going to gather. Nothing new there. Neither club wants to light the fuse, especially in public. What made this different depends on who's telling the story.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:05 AM   #154
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTJim View Post
The the Police did exactly what you and I pay them to do. Tell obvious and known criminal element to move on down the road or face the consequences.
I know people on 2 sides.

And I completely agree with this. As long as it applies to all situations.

The Baltimore riots happened in early May 2015. The Waco shootout happened May 17th 2015. Was there no intel that there was going to be violence in Baltimore? Not really surprised, but the publics (and LEOs) response to both events is pretty different, and telling.
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 10:20 AM   #155
jshouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NE Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
I know people on 2 sides.

And I completely agree with this. As long as it applies to all situations.

The Baltimore riots happened in early May 2015. The Waco shootout happened May 17th 2015. Was there no intel that there was going to be violence in Baltimore? Not really surprised, but the publics (and LEOs) response to both events is pretty different, and telling.
i dont think comparing the LE response in (Red) Texas to the LE response in (Blue) Maryland is helping any arguments.
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 10:24 AM   #156
Throwin' Darts
Pope & Young

I've got a question. What do motorcycle clubs do? I'm guessing they get together to ride but what else? What were these guys fighting about to begin with? We they just fighting because they were in different clubs and that's what they do or was it something else?
Throwin' Darts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 10:30 AM   #157
Tuffbroadhead
Pope & Young

Clubs......Gangs..... Both were present.

Clubs do cool things to help others and make themselves look good.

Gangs call themselves "Clubs" do cool things to help others and make themselves look good and to blur the lines of their criminal activities .

LOL
Tuffbroadhead is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #158
Mex. Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tx. / Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
I'll play. What if LE wasn't there, and there was no shooting? Considering there are multiple meetings every year, and nothing like this has ever happened, is my statement really that unbelievable?
So If there was not any bikers at the Sight that Day would LE Have Shot Radom People out and About for a Normal Lunch Day outing
Mex. Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 10:37 AM   #159
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
So If there was not any bikers at the Sight that Day would LE Have Shot Radom People out and About for a Normal Lunch Day outing
Now that was weak attempt at.........I'm sure what, but it was weak nonetheless.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:18 AM   #160
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

No word on my hundy yet....
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 11:24 AM   #161
glen
Pope & Young

Some of the things not everyone knows. Cossacks and Banditos had several conflicts leading up to this and “club members” took chains and beat a different “club’s member” for wearing a Texas rocker on their jacket- one of these incidents occurred in Lorena a few weeks before this happened. Cossacks showed up in force that day next door to Bandito’s home base. This was never going to a Sunday of breaking bread
Old 02-14-2018, 11:28 AM   #162
Texas Tracker
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
No word on my hundy yet....
No sir once its all over and the police are cleared of not shooting anyone with their AR15 from a sniper position (ie roof top ) I will hand you that Hundy.
Texas Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 11:36 AM   #163
Texas Tracker
Pope & Young

The Cossacks and the Banditos have been around each other for years. At almost all of the Biker Rallies all over Texas and their has not been a war/ all out shoot out at any of them. Why did it happen in Waco? I see only one factor that lead to this cluster. A power happy DA.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:55 AM   #164
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Tracker View Post
No sir once its all over and the police are cleared of not shooting anyone with their AR15 from a sniper position (ie roof top ) I will hand you that Hundy.
Its gonna be a long wait
Old 02-14-2018, 12:17 PM   #165
glen
Pope & Young

DA does not decide what LE does on scene. And not sure why anyone would deny that LE used deadly force. I wasn’t there but will say if I would have been dispatched there I would hAve done my job that day- if by horrible circumstances I had to use force up to and including g deadly force I would have done my job. I’m sure every cop that was there that day would have rather been somewhere else
Old 02-14-2018, 12:31 PM   #166
glen
Pope & Young

was this considered a “Confederation” meeting?

Are the Cossacks considered part of the “Confederation”?
Old 02-14-2018, 12:35 PM   #167
jshouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NE Texas

Quote:
not sure why this is a hang up for some... the police have admitted to shooting people that day i dont think anyone is saying they didnt.
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 12:37 PM   #168
batmaninja
Ten Point

Quote:
I wasn’t there but will say if I would have been dispatched there I would have done my job that day
I appreciate your service and the awful kind of positions that cops get put in, every day. It is not an easy job.

But doesn't your job entail putting the bad guys away for their crimes? That didnt really happen here, as the OP stated. The bad guys may even be getting paid off in this case. Arresting 177 people, giving them million dollar bails, letting the shot bleed out on the ground, it was a show of force on all sides.

Yes the bikers have a less than steller history, but so does the DA. I am kind of OK with 1% bikers not being stand up citizens, but not so much with DAs.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:46 PM   #169
glen
Pope & Young

DA and cops are being lumped into one entity. Our job is simple- protect life- property- keep the peace. I can speak for most LE. I have risked my life for people with poor morals and ethics. I’ve tried saving the life of people that had committed a crime and ended up fatally injured. DA and local and state LE are different entities. I would imagine if all video was released you would see members of LE trying to provide life saving medical attention trying to wait until the scene was considered safe enough for EMS and Fire to enter. I’ve bern there- I not qualified or trained but did the best I could until the life savers were able to enter
Old 02-14-2018, 01:08 PM   #170
M16
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch,Menard Counties

Quote:
DA and cops are being lumped into one entity. Our job is simple- protect life- property- keep the peace. I can speak for most LE. I have risked my life for people with poor morals and ethics. I’ve tried saving the life of people that had committed a crime and ended up fatally injured. DA and local and state LE are different entities. I would imagine if all video was released you would see members of LE trying to provide life saving medical attention trying to wait until the scene was considered safe enough for EMS and Fire to enter. I’ve bern there- I not qualified or trained but did the best I could until the life savers were able to enter
The problem is that the DA inserted himself into the investigation. Overstepping his bounds for political gain. That backfired. Hope the state doesn’t pay for that moron’s action. Let Wakko pay for it. They elected him.
M16 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 01:30 PM   #171
Texas Tracker
Pope & Young

Glen- Quackerbox I am as pro police as can be ask anyone who really knows me. I think you guys get paid way less then you should to put your life on the line everyday. I respect the law. Do some of the people involved in this mess need to be taken off the streets Hell Yes but when there is a unjustified shooting there need to be accountability. IMHO The city of Waco their Police and DA should own up to their mishandling of this whole deal. The only people who will pay will be the tax payers. Sad but true.
Keep your heads on a swivel and watch your 6 Tracker out.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:49 PM   #172
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Quote:
Glen- Quackerbox I am as pro police as can be ask anyone who really knows me. I think you guys get paid way less then you should to put your life on the line everyday. I respect the law. Do some of the people involved in this mess need to be taken off the streets Hell Yes but when there is a unjustified shooting there need to be accountability. IMHO The city of Waco their Police and DA should own up to their mishandling of this whole deal. The only people who will pay will be the tax payers. Sad but true.
Keep your heads on a swivel and watch your 6 Tracker out.

First, thank you. I can respect that. I can also agree with things were handled poorly. However, things were handled poorly on both sides of the fence. Its easy to arm chair quarterback them now that's its over and done with. I also believe the answers you seek will likely never be answered.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:18 PM   #173
glen
Pope & Young

I appreciate it guys. Just realize the guys that are boots on the ground probably did the best they could. I know we had a large organized function involving plenty of motorcycles a few weeks later. I was walking up and down Congress Ave and knew I had a rifle on me most of the time. All of the main players were told if any threat was present it would be eliminated. Everyone there knew there were plenty of long guns up top and if someone pulled a weapon out I’d hope the guys up top made the threat disappear. I’m just a guy going to work that has a family to try and get back to
Old 02-14-2018, 02:39 PM   #174
glen
Pope & Young

Nobody will answer the Confederation questions?
Old 02-14-2018, 02:47 PM   #175
Texas Tracker
Pope & Young

Quote:
Nobody will answer the Confederation questions?
If you ask any Bandidos they will tell you no they are not.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:26 PM   #176
batmaninja
Ten Point

My understanding is that Waco was the first or second COC meeting the Crossacks had ever attended. Generally the meetings have a small showing of bikers from each club, the Crossacks brought a very large contingent to Waco.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:43 PM   #177
Duckdawg
Four Point

Quote:
was this considered a “Confederation” meeting?

Are the Cossacks considered part of the “Confederation”?

Yes it was a "coc" meeting and no the Cossacks are not members, mostly due to the fact that they wear a 1% diamond and a Texas rocker and refuse to pay the bandits for permission to do so.
The coc in every state is mostly a front for the dominant 1% club in that area to extort money from the smaller clubs to be able to wear their city or state rocker and be able to ride unmolested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duckdawg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2018, 09:05 PM   #178
Tejas Wildlife
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where ever I happen to be!

So a “COC” is actually a means of financial extortion by these “upstanding clubs”??? Oh the horror! Tell me it ain’t so!
Tejas Wildlife is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-24-2018, 12:14 PM   #179
Dave

Quote:
DA does not decide what LE does on scene. And not sure why anyone would deny that LE used deadly force. I wasn’t there but will say if I would have been dispatched there I would hAve done my job that day- if by horrible circumstances I had to use force up to and including g deadly force I would have done my job. I’m sure every cop that was there that day would have rather been somewhere else
I understand what you are saying Glen. I lead soldiers into a lot of urban settings in Afghanistan where merge groups of people were mixed with potential bad actors intent on doing harm. What happened at Waco was my worst case scenario for each of those situations in Afghanistan. Putting a soldier in a position where they have to protect themselves and their buddies with a large group of civilians in the mix is a lose/lose situation.

I can tell you we backed out of several situations with the intent of simply defusing a potentially bad situation.

At the time there was a lot of discussion about the benefit and cost of doing so. I can tell you looking back and having delt with guys who had to shoot into crowds I'm glad I never had to give that order. The long term metal cost is substantial.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2018, 04:01 PM   #180
ladrones
Pope & Young

New DA?
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2018, 08:04 PM   #181
Lonestar_HOYT
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills County

Yes on the new DA, that’s what the radio reported this morning.
Lonestar_HOYT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2018, 08:13 PM   #182
LFD2037
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Over yonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedgoat View Post
I sure took a beating on the previous threads for crying foul. I know alot of the bikers involved. It was a crap show from the get go. Several of the deceased had an LTC. They drew for fear of their life not knowing police were targeting them for drawing their weapon. It was chaos, utter chaos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I'm right there with ya'!
I know several that were there & called BS on this from the get-go & was burned by 99% of the people here. Everyone drew conclusions from the beginning that because they were bikers, they must be bad. It was pretty ridiculous how a lot of y'all acted.
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2018, 08:34 PM   #183
cfortner
Ten Point

Hunt In: Voss

Anybody know when the new DA will take office?

Once these trials commence will the defense be able to subpoena the old DA to testify?
cfortner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2018, 08:54 PM   #184
LWD
Ten Point

Hunt In: Young County and anywhere else I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfortner View Post
Anybody know when the new DA will take office?

Once these trials commence will the defense be able to subpoena the old DA to testify?
The terms of all the offices being elected this November begin January 1, 2019. I expect we'll see the current DA do very little to nothing with the Twin Peaks cases before then. They have made such a mess of things since this Fall that even the local criminal district judges in McClennan County, one of whom is Reyna's formal law partner, are giving him no slack.

LWD
LWD is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2018, 08:56 PM   #185
HdFilmmaker
Eight Point

Hunt In: Guided Elk hunts in Colo to hogs in Texas

Quote:
was this considered a “confederation” meeting?

Are the cossacks considered part of the “confederation”?
yes, it was a c.o.c colliation of clubs.
HdFilmmaker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2018, 10:08 PM   #186
Wampuscat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lake Livingston

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshouse View Post
i dont think comparing the LE response in (Red) Texas to the LE response in (Blue) Maryland is helping any arguments.
Its a travesty that most of the bikers who've been let go had to sign "gag-orders" or face longer incarceration times. Most of these guys lives were ruined while awaiting a trial date that was never even set. Nobody has ever proved that any rounds were even fired other than by LEO's. Just another Government Turkey Shoot. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but this wreaks of BS.
Wampuscat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2018, 10:14 PM   #187
100%TtId
Ten Point

Does Waco have a curse?

Seems like that town has more than its share of problems.
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-07-2018, 11:57 PM   #188
JHT
Pope & Young

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...n-12717777.php

Is there any truth to this for those in the know?

JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2018, 12:37 AM   #189
bukkskin
Banned!!!

Hunt In: Mexico

Wow, so no Banditos/Bad guys/criminals were even there?
Dang that sucks!!
bukkskin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2018, 01:08 AM   #190
ladrones
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
Does Waco have a curse?

Seems like that town has more than its share of problems.
They allow themselves to be manipulated by corrupted federal bureaucracies. Those bureaucracies probably helped set up the snipers nest from which most of the murders took place.
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-08-2018, 08:11 AM   #191
shunter14
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mexico and Faith Ranch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHT View Post
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...n-12717777.php

Is there any truth to this for those in the know?

Yeah. It’s true. Justin is sqeauling harder than the feller from deliverance. Took a plea bargain in an attempt to save himself from life but who knows. Trial thus far has been a tell all on his end lol. They also have recordings from one who wore a wire to get himself off the hook. The outcome of their trail is going to be an interesting one to say the least.
shunter14 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-08-2018, 06:19 PM   #192
Puggy625
Ten Point

Hunt In: TX, KS

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/08...-shooting.html

Here's an update for those interested. 150 of 192 cases have been dismissed or refused so far. More are expected according to the article. Very telling of the corruption in Waco, etc.
Puggy625 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-10-2018, 08:18 AM   #193
Texas Tracker
Pope & Young

Quote:
Once again. Now the rats are jumping ship and back tracking. Waco tax payers are going to get f^&*%^ because of a power hungry DA.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:53 PM   #194
BTLowry
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Behind the house and public in Texas; Kansas Unit 5

I Hope every one of them walk and I hope Waco has to pay out lots of money to each one they arrested that day

Former DA needs to be prosecuted
BTLowry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 09:39 AM   #195
Ghost Animation
Four Point

I still say this was all to make an example of them. That Waco doesn't put up with crap like what went down. Last time a building burnt down.
Ghost Animation is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 03:57 PM   #196
Speedgoat
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.

Quote:
Once again. Now the rats are jumping ship and back tracking. Waco tax payers are going to get f^&*%^ because of a power hungry DA.
I hope they do.
Speedgoat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-13-2018, 07:16 PM   #197
glen
Pope & Young

I will not be Waco taxpayers. sure if the amount is something that they can withstand but more than likely it will be every one of us paying taxes on this one that it will be coming from. I think they had some RICO type stuff so it could all be handled under the Federal dime.