• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
    I hunt near Gillet. Where are you?

Awesome deer and great shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not too far from you. North of Runge near the DeWitt county line.

Comment

Congrats! Glad to see Karnes County on the board. I'm south of Runge.

Comment

**** nice! Congrats!

Comment

Awesome!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats. When you hit them like that with a slick truck you usually get to watch them fall in my experience

Comment

Heck of a deer. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                Not too far from you. North of Runge near the DeWitt county line.

Nice buck! I’m between Yoakum and Gonzales and we don’t see them like that here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
                  Nice buck! I’m between Yoakum and Gonzales and we don’t see them like that here.

It’s strange. I’ve hunted this 240 acres for over 15 years now. Years ago, you might only see 2 or 3 deer all season.
                  Now, most of our brush is gone due to oil pads and pipelines. My brother and I are literally hunting probably 30 acres. We are now covered in deer. I bet I have 12 different bucks on camera at least. I don’t know if we have just created a sanctuary for them, or antler restrictions are just working that well, but I pay a bunch of money for a deer lease but see better deer here on this “free” place.

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
                    Congrats. When you hit them like that with a slick truck you usually get to watch them fall in my experience
                    Haha yeah I wanted to put this pic on the thread about leaving slicktrick. They haven’t let me down yet!

Comment

Very nice congrats!

Comment

The only success in Karne’s county is a freshly frac’d well..

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                          It’s strange. I’ve hunted this 240 acres for over 15 years now. Years ago, you might only see 2 or 3 deer all season.

Now, most of our brush is gone due to oil pads and pipelines. My brother and I are literally hunting probably 30 acres. We are now covered in deer. I bet I have 12 different bucks on camera at least. I don’t know if we have just created a sanctuary for them, or antler restrictions are just working that well, but I pay a bunch of money for a deer lease but see better deer here on this “free” place.

That’s nuts. This is my family’s land and it is the same way. Since I was a kid, it was basket racks if you saw anything at all (have sat many a hunts and not seen hide nor hair). We have definitely seen better deer the past 3 years or so. But it’s like they all took off this year right around mid September. Hopefully that will change soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
                            That’s nuts. This is my family’s land and it is the same way. Since I was a kid, it was basket racks if you saw anything at all (have sat many a hunts and not seen hide nor hair). I thought the pads and rigs would run them off, but it had been the opposite. We have definitely seen better deer the past 3 years or so. But it’s like they all took off this year right around mid September. Hopefully that will change soon.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X