New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure didn't wanna get outta bed....

windows open, 43 degrees, all covered up and cozy. Until the alarm went off. Got up and got it done....bi's and tri's today. The GF wanted to do them so I obliged. Don't think she can raise her arms now.

Comment

I signed up to do a 8 week challenge through Jim Stoppani's website if anyone is familiar with him. Former editor for multiple fitness magazines. I'm starting week 4 this week, and it's kicking my tail. I'm glad to be doing it though, and I'm having to submit a weekly picture so it's keeping me accountable

Comment

I've seen his stuff...

on FB. I've thougth about signing up but have been doing the human fit project 10X10 I found on Muscle and Fitness. It's sho kicked my arse a couple of times. I'll check it out. I din't know about sending a pic though.

Comment

Triceps and calves today followed with some stretching.

Comment

Stayed up way to late last night so I have to get mine in this afternoon. Its Strength week! Incline, Squats, and deadlift today.

Comment

Had my days mixed up and yesterday was back and bi's

Debating on whether to do cardio or legs today....

Comment

Chest today. Almost talked myself out of it, since I had to work late. Getting hard to keep from giving in to excuses the past couple weeks.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm with you...

Muskles. The past two weeks have been hard to get outta the bed. Alarm goes off at 445 AM and I try to make it to the gym by 545. Had another day like that today. Finally got outta bed a little after 5 and still made it by 6. Glad I went. After I got the cobwebs outta my head it was game on.

Legs and shoulders today. Supersets 5X5. Squats/lateral raises, leg extensions/incline front raises, dumbbell presses/calf raises, upright rows/rear delt cable pulls. Incline situps, leg raises between each set and used the ab wheel to finish it off.

Comment

I failed the excuses test yesterday....

Dang near fell asleep at work for the last 2 hours
                    Took my prework out as I left and it did absolutely nothing to help
                    Gym was packed

I said screw it

Won't get where I want to be doing that...

Legs today

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      I failed the excuses test yesterday....

Dang near fell asleep at work for the last 2 hours
                      Took my prework out as I left and it did absolutely nothing to help
                      Gym was packed

I said screw it

Won't get where I want to be doing that...

Legs today
                      It happens. I did the same thing once.

Comment

Been there...

still doing that. Getting up at 0445 everyday takes its toll on an old man! I hit that wall at 1400 nearly every day. Most days I can struggle through it. other times, I'm afraid someone is going to walk past my office and find me nodding off. LOL!

It happens to all of us. I don't work out in the evening any more, haven't in year. I seem to lose motivation knowing that the gym will be packed and all the equipment will be hogged by a bunch of rude people. I like the morning crew much better.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                          still doing that. Getting up at 0445 everyday takes its toll on an old man! I hit that wall at 1400 nearly every day. Most days I can struggle through it. other times, I'm afraid someone is going to walk past my office and find me nodding off. LOL!

It happens to all of us. I don't work out in the evening any more, haven't in year. I seem to lose motivation knowing that the gym will be packed and all the equipment will be hogged by a bunch of rude people. I like the morning crew much better.
                          I didn't have the will to get up at 430 and that was the first sign it wasn't going to happen.

My problem is I haven't slept work a crap in 2 years now. Constantly waking up at night and what not

Sure would make life easier if I could just sleep straight through the night

Comment

I'm the same way....

wake up at 0200 or 0300 every night. If I don't start thinking about work or other stuff I can usually go back to sleep. I'm lucky if I get 5 or 6 hours. I actually got more than 7 hours a couple of times last week and hit the 9 hour mark Friday night. I felt GOOD Saturday. It just doesn't happen very often. I'm trying to get 7 hours every night, that's my goal.

I don't know what your work is like or your personal life, but stress could be your problem. Maybe give melatonin a try or benadryl.

Comment

Legs today. I can definitely tell I skipped legs last week!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Shoulders, traps and abs today followed by some stretching. Off day tomorrow then back at it Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                                X