Help identifying this shotgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identifying this shotgun

My wife told me last night that she forgot that there were some family guns stored in her attic from before I came around. Needless to say, I was pretty eager to check them out. There were two BB guns (one is a Buffalo Bill Scout), a Stevens Savage Arms .22 model 87d, and an unknown make/model single shot shotgun. Curious if anyone can help me with identifying the shotgun.

The main thing that is unique to me is that the hinge pin is threaded and has a "handle" or lever to unscrew it. There's a number stamped below the barrel that says 136388. There's a number next to the firing pin that appears to match the other number. The barrel is stamped with "Choke Bored".

The .22 was made from '48 to '59 (if my memory serves me right from research) since it was manufactured in Massachusetts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344612385.663688.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	24914264

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344612421.636195.jpg
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	24914265

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344612444.061195.jpg
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	24914266

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344612469.279520.jpg
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	24914267

Also, with the single shots I've shot, the top lever is "locked" when it's in the middle position and you unlock it by pushing it either way. This gun is locked in the right position and is unlocked in the left position.

Comment

Im no help on identifying these but that's too cool man! Congrats on the finds

Comment

Im no help either but I think your number is the serial number. The imperfections on the stamp make me think its old. Also is that nickle plating on the whole action and barrel?

Comment

Thanks! Hopefully someone on here may know something. My wife's telling me that her family member that passed them on said the shotgun was over 100 years old.

Comment

I'm not sure if it's nickel or chrome. The whole barrel and receiver have the plating.

Comment

It's nickel if it's as old as you think it is

Comment

Not sure on the shotgun,,,,,,,,, but that is one long pinky toe!!!

Comment

Haha! Thought u were talking about my wife's feet. Her toes are probably longer than mine

Comment

Working...
                  X