First ASA Last Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First ASA Last Weekend

I am fishing for a little feedback or perhaps some encouragement fellows. I shot my first ASA tournament at the Oklahoma City Gun Club last Saturday. I shot a 181 in the Bow Novice class and had no idea I could use a range finder until it was too late to get mine out of the truck. I finished 7th out of 16.

Given I am shooting with my hunting bow and FMJ hunting arrows, this being my first look at the whole experience including first real look at these targets am I doing okay, have a tall hill to climb or on the right track?

By the way, I plan to shoot the OK State ASA on Sunday, if you guys coming up can find me stick out your hand and introduce yourselves. I am the short good-looking guy sporting a gray mustache and toting a black z7 and NaturalGear camo cap.

Rick Nolan
    NolanOutdoors.com

Just start by winning your group. Keep getting in with the better shooters and start trying to beat them. The tournament wins will soon follow.

Comment

Rick, my 10 yr old son luke and I will be there sunday also..we will be in hoyt jerseys..i will try to look for you...sounds like you did great!! Welcome to your new addiction!!

Comment

Rick,

Congrats on finding the ASA! Mark Jr and I will be there on Sat, maybe we can meet up and eat somewhere

PS what kind of cap are you suppossed to be wearing?

Comment

PS what kind of cap are you suppossed to be wearing?
          You caught me.

I had to give all the nice looking caps to ArrowSlinger so he will gut my deer for me.

Comment

Working...
          X