Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever modify a fish fryer to a jet burner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever modify a fish fryer to a jet burner?

Looking to upgrade the BTUs on my fish fryer to make it a jet burner for boiling crawfish. I've seen several youtube videos, but would like to see if anyone has any experience here in the TBH family doing this modification?

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

I have been thinking about building one for my parents. My mom is Chinese and wants a better wok burner which should be the same.

Comment

I've built a bunch of burners for oilfield processing equipment, the trick is to get the air intake just for enough behind the burner gas to create a Venturi effect to pull in the required air. Protect yourself, especially your eyebrows during your experimental stages. Unfortunately my communication skills aren't enough to help here, I could show you but can't really tell you.

Comment

Cant help with the conversion, but I’ve got this bad boy, and I love it. Gets the pot boil in less than 20 minutes. Love the double jet.

Comment

Originally posted by duckboy007 View Post
          Cant help with the conversion, but I’ve got this bad boy, and I love it. Gets the pot boil in less than 20 minutes. Love the double jet.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/out...ldCatid=945712
          The dual jet is my plan, nice burner.

Comment

Seen a lot of homemade fish fryers that had been built with a pear burner

Comment

Grease zerk fitting for the jet. Punch out the little ball bearing and weld it in the end of 1/4 inch pipe.

Comment

Working...
              X