Shop Roof Leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shop Roof Leaks

My 20x28 shop roof leaks at my house. I have a small side business building cabinets and can no longer work in the shop because the roof leaks so bad. I would like to rebuild the shop but the funds arent there for it. The old man who built it was the type who used scraps to build everything. The roof is literally held on by tie wire. I have estimated the replacement of the roof to be around $700 to go back with corrugated and do it right. I was thinking about doing a quick fix and buying a large enough canavas tarp for about $250 to cover it. I only plan to be in this house for a couple more years. The shop itself is not really worth re roofing because the frame is in poor shape. Any thoughts or suggestions from the Green Screen?

Mop on mobile home roof sealer ??? All I got.

Comment

Flexseal!

Comment

Coat all the screws and seams with this stuff and it will get you by for a year or so till you can do something more permanent. 2 cans(about $20 each) and a $2 paint brush should be enough for that size roof.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_139933-29-52...t=roof+sealers
        Attached Files

Comment

Tighten the screws before you coat them.

Comment

You can usually buy old bilboard vinyl for 14' x 48' for under $50. Check craigslist.

They are UV stable and tough as all get out

Comment

Originally posted by Ride_Klein View Post
              You can usually buy old bilboard vinyl for 14' x 48' for under $50. Check craigslist.

Excellent idea, I really appreciate it, this building should probably be torn down but I just dont have the means or the time to take care of it

Comment

wow, I have the same issue. Mueller 24x24 building about 10 years old max. R-panel still looks new on top and recently developed a leak. Drips pretty good with a steady rain. I backed my truck up and threw a ladder on it but cant see anything that would let it leak. Too steep for my arse to get up there and really inspect it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ride_Klein View Post

THIS

I did this before our elk trip and used one for camp it saved our buttz

theres a guy in houston off 610 north loop that sells em for 40$ he had a trailer full... have help tho bc I swear each tarp weighs like 75# and is tough to spread out by yourself

Comment

Originally posted by expressfish View Post
                    wow, I have the same issue. Mueller 24x24 building about 10 years old max. R-panel still looks new on top and recently developed a leak. Drips pretty good with a steady rain. I backed my truck up and threw a ladder on it but cant see anything that would let it leak. Too steep for my arse to get up there and really inspect it.

Screw is probably overdriven and the gasket is split and leaking now. Have seen some that rain blew in sideways from the ridge vent also.

Comment

Working...
                    X