Identify-Chinese 4 wheeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify-Chinese 4 wheeler

It was prolly a waste of money but my wife picked up a non running Chinese ATV at a garage sale cheap. Lady said it ran and the kids used for awhile, then it sat and would not start after sitting from not being used. I know it was not used much as it still has the rubber tits on the part of the tires. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. Anyways , looking at it today I did not see anything identifying a name or maker. I have not had time to mess with it and probably will not for a week or so. Any experience with these? I am guessing it will be a carb if the ladies description is correct.

I have had some experience with them. As crazy as it sounds, a lot of them can be really reliable. The main issues with them are the carbs and the electrical systems are sometimes pretty bad in them. Do a search on Amazon for Chinese ATV carb and find one that matches what you have. They are pretty interchangeable and cheaper and easier to buy a new carb instead of trying to rebuild them.

Comment

Drain the fuel go get some mechanic in a bottle and pour some in the tank then crank it over til it gets in the carb it may start or try to but STOP, let it sit for a few hours or overnight then top off with fresh gas and start it. It should start and run maybe a little rough but it’ll run itself clean. My echo dealer told me about it years ago, look it up on YouTube it really works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you get it running, or replace the carb, Make sure you install a fuel shut off valve. That’s the biggest problem with these

Comment

Don’t forget check the fuel lines for cracks also replace fuel filter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

all parts are dirt cheap on amazon order them all

Comment

ps check gas tank for rust

Comment

They are great machines. I had one for a long time and sold it to a neighbor who still lets his grandkids play on it. Like others said. Clean the carb and gas tank.

Comment

And after you do all of the above, go through all the nuts and bolts to make sure they are tight. Then grease every zerk fitting. Typically they are not greased at all from the factory.

Comment

I was given one of those China cheap 4 wheelers. Since it was free, I put about a 100 bucks into it to get it running. I totally bypassed the start switch and now turn it on with just a switch to start (it’s a kick start) and stop. I also ditched all electrical and the 2 stroke oil mixing tank. I run the gas I use in my stihl chainsaws. I bought a new carb...the old one was crap. Bought a KN air filter and it now runs great. I’d bet money it’s the carb. You can clean it, but IMO, it won’t run long...the factory carb was worthless.

The original carb did not have a choke. Bought one off eBay for 35bucks...and it took 8weeks to get here cuz China. Could have bought the same carb in the US for twice the price. Good luck with your new toy.

Comment

My granddaughter had one for about 5 years. She road the heck out of that thing. I only changed the carb on it one time. I used Sunlparts . com for parts, but the web site is not working. They may be out of business. A carb was like $10.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0201151113-00.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	24546850

Comment

The 4 wheeler I had had the word "Sun" in it I think. there wasn't much on it as far as a name or brand.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                          The 4 wheeler I had had the word "Sun" in it I think. there wasn't much on it as far as a name or brand.
                          The one we had was Sunl.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                            The one we had was Sunl.
                            That was it.

Comment

Someone gave my brother a non-running (no spark) Tao Tao last year for his kids. I got on Amazon and ordered just about every electrical part and a new carb because his was full of tarnished old gas. The parts were very cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X