Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang it sorry for this. Poor pup

Comment

My female brittany after she got struck in the head.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah
        Benadryl and maybe calling a vet would make more sense then posting pics on a forum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
          Yeah
          Benadryl and maybe calling a vet would make more sense then posting pics on a forum

Ok

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Yeah

You might reread the original post-he had already given him Benadryl

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                Watch his collar...narco swelled so fast it started choking him almost

Don't make me come down there, Paul, and read the original post to you!

vvvvvvvv

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                Wasnt like this earlier today. I've had dogs bit by copperheads with similar swelling. This one is a huge softball size knot just under the mouth/neck area. No issues breathing but went ahead and removed collars.

Benadryl wrapped in cheese and bringing him inside to cool off.

Look like a snake bite to y'all?

Comment

I'm suggesting a Benadryl collar from the vet.

Comment

Mine got hit Last month. Right on his nose. Same breed too. Once there nose pics up a unfamiliar scent its hard for them to pull away. Its there nature. Wife took mine to the vet the day after we noticed the swelling. They kept him on an IV all night after administering the anti venom. Two days later he was back at home being his goofy self. Vet said luckily he was recent on his rattle snake vaccine or it would have been much worse.

Comment

Next time post pics of the Benadryl and collar being taken off.
                      Some of us only read pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                        I'm suggesting a Benadryl collar from the vet.
                        Good one Chew!

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                        Mine got hit Last month. Right on his nose. Same breed too. Once there nose pics up a unfamiliar scent its hard for them to pull away. Its there nature. Wife took mine to the vet the day after we noticed the swelling. They kept him on an IV all night after administering the anti venom. Two days later he was back at home being his goofy self. Vet said luckily he was recent on his rattle snake vaccine or it would have been much worse.
                        Swelling is up today around his mouth. I had to put him back outside last night. Blood was draining everywhere! He is still breathing with no problems. Looks terrible but he doesn't seem bothered by it.

Sure wish I knew what kind of snake it was. My guess would be Copperhead. I've killed a couple already this year mowing in the pasture next to the area he stays in. We just returned from a 8 day vacation and the grass got pretty tall.

Originally posted by John316 View Post
                        Next time post pics of the Benadryl and collar being taken off.
                        Some of us only read pictures.

Comment

Yeah

Try getting of bed on the other side tomorrow.....

Comment

I don't believe me or my dad ever own a coon hound that didn't get bit at least once. Never lost a dawg because of it. Most bites were in the head neck area but have had a leg hit on a couple. My dad would sometimes lance the swelled area and let em drain and a shot of combiotics or penecillin then some B12 to make em feel good. What is this benadryl you speak of?

Comment

He will probably develop an unusual stench. Mine did. He smelled like death for a few days after he returned from the vet. We bathed him numerous times and still smelled rotten. It went away eventually. Well atleast back to his normal stench. We couldn't tell what type of snake bit him eather.

But seeing the fang marks on his snout told us it was a rattle snake. A small one. Rattle snakes are the most common venomous snake in our area. Besides cotton mouths. But no water near us. Never seen a copperhead down here. They had just cut a winter wheat field not to far away from my house. Figured it strayed into the neighborhood from there. We have found a couple sheds around the house.

Comment

My Doberman has been popped in the snoot twice, benadryl and rest and she was back to her sweet self in a day or two. My Jack Russell has killed lots of snakes, and only one has got her of the nose a few years ago. Since she's so small I took her in and she got two vials of antivenom but recovered quickly. Most times if they get it on the head/neck they'll be ok. Chest/legs is bad news.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X