No announcement yet.

I wanna recurve, so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was that shotgun in a flood? I would suspect more going on there than a return spring and surface rust. The gas system for this shotgun is somewhat notorious. Buyer beware.

Comment

Originally posted by fwood View Post
      Was that shotgun in a flood? I would suspect more going on there than a return spring and surface rust. The gas system for this shotgun is somewhat notorious. Buyer beware.

Keep your smart *** comments and opinions somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fwood View Post
        If you're not interested in making a trade with him on it then why even make a comment at all?

Good luck on the trade op

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Question: Why not go ahead and spend the $13 to have it fixed if it was already in the hands of a gunsmith?

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
            Keep your smart *** comments and opinions somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I didn't bother pointing this out earlier, but I will now.

Stuff like this belongs on the Classifieds, not in the regular discussion forums. If you want to get the attention of the trad group, then post a link to your classifieds post.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

Stuff like this belongs on the Classifieds, not in the regular discussion forums. If you want to get the attention of the trad group, then post a link to your classifieds post.
              Agreed.

Rick

Comment

Herein lies the problem. The classifieds are not classified. It is one big heap of stuff for sale. It is maddening unless you just like to sort through ninety nine things to find that one thing that you are looking for. I am seeing more posts where guys try to avoid the classifieds and just go straight to their target group. I can't say that I blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                  Herein lies the problem. The classifieds are not classified. It is one big heap of stuff for sale. It is maddening unless you just like to sort through ninety nine things to find that one thing that you are looking for. I am seeing more posts where guys try to avoid the classifieds and just go straight to their target group. I can't say that I blame them.
                  Yep, it's a madhouse for sure.

To avoid any problems though, most of the guys in the trad forum still post their ads in the classifieds, and then link the ads in a post here. Seems to be working out good for them.

Rick

Comment

The way I look at it is... it is what it is... and you didn't have to pay for it.

About the only thing I am going to ask Michael is that he not get rid of the Trad Forum like he has contemplated doing in the past. I argued our existence then, and I'll continue to argue it some more. The main reason isn't that I don't want to see compound stuff, or any other BS elitism that some people cast on us from time to time... but because there is enough difference between the two disciplines that a person who wants to learn and chat about trad needs a community that will help them along. I learned about trad here, got bit by the trad bug here, and want to make sure TBH continues to have a place where a person can make that jump, or dabble, whatever if they want to.
                    Last edited by SwampRabbit; 08-22-2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                      Yep, it's a madhouse for sure.

To avoid any problems though, most of the guys in the trad forum still post their ads in the classifieds, and then link the ads in a post here. Seems to be working out good for them.

Rick

"7. Post threads in their appropriate forum. If you have an item for sale, don’t post a thread in the general discussion forum directing users to your classified post. Discussions are broken into multiple topics to prevent forum clutter. Posting the same topic in multiple forums defeats this purpose."

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                        "7. Post threads in their appropriate forum. If you have an item for sale, don’t post a thread in the general discussion forum directing users to your classified post. Discussions are broken into multiple topics to prevent forum clutter. Posting the same topic in multiple forums defeats this purpose."
                        That is what I get for not actually paying attention to all the rules.

For as long as I have been here (only a handful of years), it is has been a common practice for the trad forum... and most likely because the trad forum is pretty small in comparison to most other forums. Unless the mods aren't seeing them (which may be the case) they might just be turning a blind eye because those threads don't really turn into anything more than just the link (trad regulars are pretty good about just clicking the link and taking discussion on the item over there.)

Comment

Not interested in the shotgun but I have the bow for you. It's a Samick Sage, 45#s. I bought it a couple years ago but didn't have the time for a new hobby. I've got some Gold Tip Trad arrows that come with it also.

Comment

I'll trade my 45# bear to Rick then he can trade it to u. 3 way everybody is happy

Comment

That is what I get for not actually paying attention to all the rules.

For as long as I have been here (only a handful of years), it is has been a common practice for the trad forum... and most likely because the trad forum is pretty small in comparison to most other forums. Unless the mods aren't seeing them (which may be the case) they might just be turning a blind eye because those threads don't really turn into anything more than just the link (trad regulars are pretty good about just clicking the link and taking discussion on the item over there.)
                              haha that's ind of what I figured. See the trad posts about that a lot so must not be too big of a deal.

Comment

You can always use the search function and limit it to classifieds

Comment

Working...
                                X