Gopro for bowhunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gopro for bowhunting?

As age catches up with me I find I can't exactly see where my arrow hits without using lighted nocks which I dont like.
    So for anyone with gopro experience what do I need to film my shots so I can review them after the shot?
    Dont need latest and greatest just nice clear resolution with a good bracket to attach to my bow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

A regular camera would be better for seeing exactly where you hit. Gopro is just such a wide angle. It will work though, just not as easy to see. As for the bracket question, the sportsmans bracket will clip onto your riser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Agree with Burtboy, only way the go pro makes since is if its up near the feeder, or spot you hope the target steps in front of.

Comment

I got a go pro mounted on my bow, but you can not see the shot with it. Does not zoom in.

Comment

Ok. Never used one just figured they zoomed in.
          Guess I’ll go back to the drawing board.
          Thanks

Comment

This is a video I filmed a few years back testing out exactly what you are wanting to know.

Comment

Jut get you a cheap video camera with a good zoom. I think I paid $100 for mine on Ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Jut get you a cheap video camera with a good zoom. I think I paid $100 for mine on Ebay.
                Do you just have it on a bracket off your stand or does it mount to your bow?

Comment

Originally posted by BarW View Post
                  Do you just have it on a bracket off your stand or does it mount to your bow?

I have several stands with a mount that swings into a window. Or one i have a tripod sitting in the blind...

Mounted to the bow moves too much before, during and after the shot for my tastes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0381.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	24560540

Comment

Use your phone....preferably in slow motion mode. I used to have several video cameras running at the same time but got tired of carrying all the equipment. Now I just use my phone on my camera arm using this bracket.
                    The completely redesigned version of the Glif holds your smartphone securely in portrait or landscape with a quick release lever, and includes three tripod mounts for additional accessories.

Comment

Tactacam works better than GoPro for the application you’re looking at IF you’re wanting an action camera style setup. Super clear video but like anything mounted to a bow the vibration at the shot makes things a bit blurry for a second. You can get a mount and mount it to a screw in foexable arm like a Hawk mount or something similar. Good thing about the tactacam is the most basic model is a 3x zoom. Then goes up to 5x or 8x depending on model.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunting1 View Post
                        Use your phone....preferably in slow motion mode. I used to have several video cameras running at the same time but got tired of carrying all the equipment. Now I just use my phone on my camera arm using this bracket.
                        https://www.studioneat.com/products/glif
                        That's a pretty cool little gizmo

Comment

I have filmed every shot with GoPro for the last 4 years. It’s an easy setup with a smartphone or tablet. You run the camera with the app. The latest version does allow you to zoom in with GoPro. Mine is mounted to a spike i stick in the ground. The wide angle is great as i only shoot out one window and can see what’s coming on my iPad. Very easy to go frame by frame on replay. Lighted nocks make it even better. I filmed for a friend this last weekend and thanks to video we were able to determine a clean miss on a big deer. Very tough in real time to see exact impact point. Video determines how we pursue after the shot.
                          You can get phone mounts and use your phone to film. Works pretty good except your battery will run down quick. I have an old iPhone i use in some situations.

Comment

Here is a still frame from the GoPro video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                              I have filmed every shot with GoPro for the last 4 years. It’s an easy setup with a smartphone or tablet. You run the camera with the app. The latest version does allow you to zoom in with GoPro. Mine is mounted to a spike i stick in the ground. The wide angle is great as i only shoot out one window and can see what’s coming on my iPad. Very easy to go frame by frame on replay. Lighted nocks make it even better. I filmed for a friend this last weekend and thanks to video we were able to determine a clean miss on a big deer. Very tough in real time to see exact impact point. Video determines how we pursue after the shot.

You can get phone mounts and use your phone to film. Works pretty good except your battery will run down quick. I have an old iPhone i use in some situations.

You say the latest version allows you to zoom in. Latest version of what? And is that zoom in the camera or phone? And is the zoom in live time or on replay? Curious as I have a gopro that never gets used because im always using my regular camera. Gopro would be much easier though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X