Recommend Shooting Sticks or Tripod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend Shooting Sticks or Tripod

I will be taking my daughter rifle hunting this season in a popup blind. I am looking for recommendations for a stable shooting platform for her. This will be used primarily while seated on a small stool in the blind. Portability and being able to use on a spot and stalk would be a bonus.

Thanks

Caldwell field pod is pretty nice, especially for a kid

Comment

Both of my boys use a bog pod with the rifle attachment. It has worked pretty well for them.

Comment

Primos trigger stick gen 3. Pricey but it is really nice.

Comment

Primos Trigger stick tripod or Bog Pod Tripod

Comment

Maximum portability, Primos Trigger stick for sure.
            For maximum comfort for a young one just starting out and a great confidence builder, Caldwell Field pod... I have my 7 year old grandson hitting 1" diameter spots on a 3D hog at 30 yards every shot with the field pod and crossbow. I don't think he'd be able to do that with the trigger stick. I have both the standard and magnum field pods... for portability and ease of set up, I use the field pod and it works great in a pop up.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
              Primos trigger stick gen 3. Pricey but it is really nice.
              This.

Comment

field pod for sure !!

Comment

I bought some window attachments, they attach to the rods around your window and the barrel sits on the V in the middle. I cant remember the exact name of them but they worked great for my daughter to have something to rest the barrel of her rifle on.

Comment

Field Pod or Vortex makes an adapter that fits on a rail, that will connect to any tripod.

Comment

These are pretty well built and made in USA
                      The only bipod that adjusts to every shooting position from standing to prone by just squeezing two buttons with one hand! Quick, quiet, lightweight, and versatile. Get on target fast and make final adjustments with your support hand in its natural shooting position. Keep looking thru your scope and always…

Comment

The most stable will be the Caldwell Field Pod but you will lose the spot and stalk ease that you will have with the Primos Trigger Sticks. Either will work, but the field pod is fantastic!

Comment

Just as a PSA, my Primos Trigger Stick quit working at about two years old. It was used very little in that time and Primos would NOT make it good. It was ok while it was working, but no better than regular sticks IMO.

Comment

Every kid is going to be different based on the amount of time they have been shooting. If you have a shooting stick let them practice with it getting it set up and get used to it and they will do just fine with it.

Comment

Another vote for Caldwell field pod.

Comment

Working...
                              X