2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s about that time to get a new thread up and running for us pine tree a youpon hunters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir! I didn't have a camera out till Sunday. Green,green,green up there. Trying to finish up a new ground blind for Mrs. Q hoping she gets an arrow in something this year

Comment

Following, but not posting. I rarely have anything worthy to post

Comment

Good looking bucks so far!

Comment

I will be in Hardin and Polk County Pine trees!

Comment

I will be in Hardin county myself this year. First time hunting in that area, so we will see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
              It’s about that time to get a new thread up and running for us pine tree a youpon hunters.

Make an unexpected lease change and instantly have big deer on camera. Lucky Dude!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                Make an unexpected lease change and instantly have big deer on camera. Lucky Dude!

Yea I’d still give up this new 1200 acres for my 87 acres on the river lol! I’m glad it has worked out nice though!

Comment

Hey TS, No good pics for me yet but I will try to get some of your old deer on my side now. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
                    Hey TS, No good pics for me yet but I will try to get some of your old deer on my side now. Lol

Lol man I’m pulling for you. We have to clear everything out by Sunday. We thought about getting spots on the small places besides y’all and trying to get those guys to trophy hunt but it was going to be too much of a headache.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                      Following, but not posting. I rarely have anything worthy to post
                      A true east Tx hunter knows there are no big bucks in east Tx!!!
                      So you won't ever see me post one!!

Comment

Holy brow tines batman!! Dang looks like your move may work out ok! Good luck anyway! I'm gonna try to do both this year. Having gotten a new place down South... lots of work to do there and our place on the river here!! I don't even have cameras out yet here... Got a couple good ones behind the house though that I've seen... need to get cameras out to get a closer look... maybe this weekend.
                        Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Just a little west in Leon county, but we still have yupon and some pine trees. I’m not running any cameras this year and hand Corning only. Say a couple decent 8s last year that made it through the season.

Comment

Those are nice bucks but I’m more impressed you got a WI camera to work!!!! You must be living right!

I typically would be pumped but the monster I watched last year I fear is gone for good. I watched him with thermal A BUNCH. And used that to place cameras to get as close as I could. Missed him by 20 minuets twice as he moved on my property daily but juuusssttt too late. Last week of season one neighbor shot at and missed (had him on camera that night) then the last Saturday of season another neighbor (that has never missed) said she missed him at 60 yards.... with a 22-250. I had him on 3 cameras across 2 properties and haven’t seen a sight since and neither have other 2 neighbors

Acquired a new property this season and cleared and planted and set it up NICE... then oil company used my roads and food plots to make it easy on them to build a road to an abandoned plugged well to destroy all that (and now is doing nothing) and I went from 6 bucks and 3 does to... zero. Will see how this season goes. At least the well head makes a comfy toilet in case of emergency (I hate east Texas small oil thieves with all my being)

Comment

Standing in a small 10 yards wide pinch point at a creek crossing... 10 yards from tree stand
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X