Single pin, adjustable sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single pin, adjustable sights

I currently shoot a Trophy Ridge Cypher 7 sight on my Obsession Lethal Force, and and am considering a Pursuit Single pin adjustable sight. I shoot on the Throhy Ridge pro-staff, so that's the brand I am looking at.

I regularly practice to 90 yards, but the 7 pin Cypher sight is really maxed out at 80 yards. I've never used an adjustable sight, but like the idea of more range to 100+ yards. I won't shoot at an animal that far, but it sure makes those 70 yards shoots easy to hit!

Any thoughts on the sliding adjustment single pin sights?

I just stuck a Pursuit on my Bowtech, and so far I like it. I shot out to 60 with it within a couple days and before that i didn't shoot farther then about 40. It takes a little doing to get it set up to shoot farther distances (bottom half of the tape was not being used at first), but once I got it set up I'm using more then 3/4 of the tape.

Comment

I have used both, and i personally felt the single pin sight could be more accurate. The only problem was the first time i went hunting with it, i drew back and the deer caught a little movement. The deer spooked and moved i had already set the pin for 20 yards, and the deer ran out to about 35 yards and i knew the yardage cause of the trees I had marked. Thats the down side is if you are set and the deer moves while you are drawn back your kinda in a pickle so i went back to my 5 pin set up. I did really like the single pin for 3D shoots. its all just a matter of opinion though

Comment

this would be primarily for 3D shoots and mountain hunting where shots tend to be 40 - 80 yards. Not for stand hunting whitetail. I have seen guys mark on the vertical sight pin with paint to simulate additional pins in case the animal moves, but that seems marginally accurate. I will probably stick with the 7-pin. I'm just a gear junkie, so I like new toys! Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by KMock View Post
          this would be primarily for 3D shoots and mountain hunting where shots tend to be 40 - 80 yards. Not for stand hunting whitetail. I have seen guys mark on the vertical sight pin with paint to simulate additional pins in case the animal moves, but that seems marginally accurate. I will probably stick with the 7-pin. I'm just a gear junkie, so I like new toys! Thanks guys
          Heck, give it a try. Just remember if shooting in 3D this will put you in the open class if you were shooting MBR. I tried one, a cheepy Range Rover, on my DXT and liked the adjustablility for targets. I shot just as good with a 5 pin sight though. You do have to be concious of moving the pin even when hunting over a feeder. I missed two pigs this year just because of that, forgetting to move the pin.

Comment

Sure Loc
            Sword
            Montane Black Gold. (What I have)

HHA if you like it to rattle.

Comment

Originally posted by KMock View Post
              ASA Rules concerning movable sights:
              K. After you set your sights and draw your bow, you cannot reset your sights after a letdown. Penalty: A score of zero
              for that target.
              L. Shooters with movable sites are required to keep their yardage indicator covered before and after setting. A shooter
              will receive a warning from the group for the first offense. The penalty for the second offense is a deduction of five
              points, and each subsequent offense will receive a score of zero.

Comment

I've got the Drive on my Iron Mace. It's a pretty nice sight w very bright green pin. Not sure,though,of the difference between that and the Pursuit.

Comment

Cbe tek hybrid

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                    Cbe tek hybrid
                    X2. Just got my Tek Hybrid today. They are hard to come by.

Comment

Been shooting a sur loc sportsman special for a lil over a year and i love the range on it.. I know its cheating but once the 20 is set sur loc has a program that can calculate each shot distance by putting all your measurements, type of bow and arrows that you shoot with...

Just switch it to a dna and tape is ran out to 150 yrds

and on a fast bow i use my 20 mark at 35 and still hit the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Buck assasin View Post
                        Been shooting a sur loc sportsman special for a lil over a year and i love the range on it.. I know its cheating but once the 20 is set sur loc has a program that can calculate each shot distance by putting all your measurements, type of bow and arrows that you shoot with...

That is a helluva sight. We are talkin upper quality there. Waaaay past HHA's league.

Comment

Yea its a sweet sight and the program is super accurate took my first mulie at 66 yrds with it in jan...

Comment

Originally posted by Buck assasin View Post

Does the sight not get in the way of your arrow at some point?

I could probably not hit a round bale of hay at 150yds but it looks like at some point you would have the housing of the sight hitting the fletching if not completely blocking the arrow

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                              Does the sight not get in the way of your arrow at some point?

I could probably not hit a round bale of hay at 150yds but it looks like at some point you would have the housing of the sight hitting the fletching if not completely blocking the arrow
                              Depends on how long ur neck is and how high ur peep is. Im screwed. My neck is 18" around and about a couple inches high!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X